Reets

Default Delancey Desserts Russian Coffee Cake?

Is anyone familiar with this coffee cake and if so, any recipes?

The cake has an eggy yeast dough rolled around a filling of chopped walnuts,
raisins and also contains, per the ingredients list, pineapple which does not
impart a pineapple flavor but a fruity/jammy type of texture. (Hadn't heard
about using pineapples this way before in a coffee cake.) More filling than
dough.

Top is studded with whole walnuts.

Truly fabulous.

Thanks in advance.
Peggy

"Reets" > wrote in message
> Is anyone familiar with this coffee cake and if so, any recipes?
>
> The cake has an eggy yeast dough rolled around a filling of chopped

walnuts,
> raisins and also contains, per the ingredients list, pineapple which does

not
> impart a pineapple flavor but a fruity/jammy type of texture. (Hadn't

heard
> about using pineapples this way before in a coffee cake.) More filling

than
> dough.
>
> Top is studded with whole walnuts.
>
> Truly fabulous.
>
> Thanks in advance.

I'm not familiar with it, but I did a Google search on it and here are the
results:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...coffee+cake%22
~Peggy

Reg

Reets wrote:

> Is anyone familiar with this coffee cake and if so, any recipes?
>
> The cake has an eggy yeast dough rolled around a filling of chopped walnuts,
> raisins and also contains, per the ingredients list, pineapple which does not
> impart a pineapple flavor but a fruity/jammy type of texture. (Hadn't heard
> about using pineapples this way before in a coffee cake.) More filling than
> dough.
>
> Top is studded with whole walnuts.
>
> Truly fabulous.
>
> Thanks in advance.

I do several breads that are much like the one you describe. It's
basically a brioche dough rolled up with nuts, fruit, or several
other types of goodies.

Are you familiar with bread baking in general? If you can live
a bit of experimentation, why not find a brioche recipe you like and
roll in all the stuff you describe.