Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Coffee desserts that blow your mind

A while ago I posted a topic about lemon desserts.

I mentioned that I drink lemon juice every day, and how lemon desserts tend
to be much stronger than lemon juice.

Today I ate a coffee jelly bean. It had a really powerful flavor, almost
like eating a coffee bean covered in chocolate.

Compared to that, my coffee is bland. Even coffee ice cream is bland.
There's coffee, and then there's COFFEE.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 10, 10:35*am, "Christopher M." >
wrote:
> A while ago I posted a topic about lemon desserts.
>
> I mentioned that I drink lemon juice every day, and how lemon desserts tend
> to be much stronger than lemon juice.
>
> Today I ate a coffee jelly bean. It had a really powerful flavor, almost
> like eating a coffee bean covered in chocolate.
>
> Compared to that, my coffee is bland. Even coffee ice cream is bland.
> There's coffee, and then there's COFFEE.
>
> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Well, that's what you get for buying instant coffee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:35:41 -0400, "Christopher M."
> wrote:

>A while ago I posted a topic about lemon desserts.
>
>I mentioned that I drink lemon juice every day, and how lemon desserts tend
>to be much stronger than lemon juice.
>
>Today I ate a coffee jelly bean. It had a really powerful flavor, almost
>like eating a coffee bean covered in chocolate.
>
>Compared to that, my coffee is bland. Even coffee ice cream is bland.
>There's coffee, and then there's COFFEE.
>

>W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Yes that's true, but then there's coffee and then there's rubbish too!
If you have rubbish, you can make it strong enough but it's still
rubbish. I was sorely reminded of this this past weekend when I went
out to a hunting "cabin" with my drinkin' buddy Scott. I had filled my
vacuum bottle with most of the "12 cup" pot of my Sumatran that I make
at home, but it went pretty quickly Sun morning betwen Scott and I
(especially after all that bourbon the day and evening before!) So
they has a fresh unopened can of Folger's "fancy name" stuff in the
frezer and a drip coffee pot (which if I would have known I'd have
brought more Sumatran!) so I made up a strong pot of Folger's, and
while it was strong enough it was still rubbish. Did the cafffeine
trick, but the flavor was rubbish coffee. :-(

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:35:41 -0400, "Christopher M."
> wrote:

> A while ago I posted a topic about lemon desserts.
>
> I mentioned that I drink lemon juice every day, and how lemon desserts tend
> to be much stronger than lemon juice.
>
> Today I ate a coffee jelly bean. It had a really powerful flavor, almost
> like eating a coffee bean covered in chocolate.
>
> Compared to that, my coffee is bland. Even coffee ice cream is bland.
> There's coffee, and then there's COFFEE.

That's due to artificial flavoring. Have you ever tried a chocolate
coated espresso bean?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/04/2012 2:54 PM, sf wrote:

>> Compared to that, my coffee is bland. Even coffee ice cream is bland.
>> There's coffee, and then there's COFFEE.
>>

> That's due to artificial flavoring. Have you ever tried a chocolate
> coated espresso bean?

I have made espresso ice cream using instant espresso.... which is hard
to find around here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 15:08:42 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> On 10/04/2012 2:54 PM, sf wrote:
>
> >> Compared to that, my coffee is bland. Even coffee ice cream is bland.
> >> There's coffee, and then there's COFFEE.
> >>

> > That's due to artificial flavoring. Have you ever tried a chocolate
> > coated espresso bean?
> >

> I have made espresso ice cream using instant espresso.... which is hard
> to find around here.

How did you like it? I'm not fond of coffee flavored ice cream, so I
wouldn't do it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/04/2012 3:20 PM, sf wrote:

>>> That's due to artificial flavoring. Have you ever tried a chocolate
>>> coated espresso bean?
>>>

>> I have made espresso ice cream using instant espresso.... which is hard
>> to find around here.

> How did you like it? I'm not fond of coffee flavored ice cream, so I
> wouldn't do it.

I just made up a batch of ice cream base, but with a little extra sugar,
and then added the instant espresso powder to taste... .nice and strong.
My wife loved it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 10, 2:20*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 15:08:42 -0400, Dave Smith
>
> > wrote:

> > > That's due to artificial flavoring. *Have you ever tried a chocolate
> > > coated espresso bean?

> > I have made espresso ice cream using instant espresso.... which is hard
> > to find around here.

> How did you like it? *I'm not fond of coffee flavored ice cream, so I
> wouldn't do it.
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

Isn't Italian Spumoni coffee-flavored? I had it once, and loved it.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:54:04 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:35:41 -0400, "Christopher M."
> wrote:
>
>> A while ago I posted a topic about lemon desserts.
>>
>> I mentioned that I drink lemon juice every day, and how lemon desserts tend
>> to be much stronger than lemon juice.
>>
>> Today I ate a coffee jelly bean. It had a really powerful flavor, almost
>> like eating a coffee bean covered in chocolate.
>>
>> Compared to that, my coffee is bland. Even coffee ice cream is bland.
>> There's coffee, and then there's COFFEE.
>>

>That's due to artificial flavoring. Have you ever tried a chocolate
>coated espresso bean?

I heard or read one time that they can make artificial coffee flavor,
but because coffee flavor is really many different artifical esters,
it's normally cheaper just to use real coffee for coffee flavored
anything.

And yes I have had chocolate covered espresso beans, and they are
delicious!! First time I had them I was munching them down for a while
then started getting a caffeine buzz and then realized I was eating an
entire coffee bean in each one, so I stopped so freely munching them
down!

I got quite the caffeine high too! ZOWIE!! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/04/2012 3:35 PM, Nancy2 wrote:

>> --
>> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

> Isn't Italian Spumoni coffee-flavored? I had it once, and loved it.

You may be confusing it with Tira Misu, which uses lady fingers dipped
in espresso and some liquor. Spumoni is usually a combination of ice
cream flavours..., cherry, pistachio and chocolate, with some buts and
glazed fruits.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:54:04 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:35:41 -0400, "Christopher M."
> wrote:
>
>> A while ago I posted a topic about lemon desserts.
>>
>> I mentioned that I drink lemon juice every day, and how lemon desserts tend
>> to be much stronger than lemon juice.
>>
>> Today I ate a coffee jelly bean. It had a really powerful flavor, almost
>> like eating a coffee bean covered in chocolate.
>>
>> Compared to that, my coffee is bland. Even coffee ice cream is bland.
>> There's coffee, and then there's COFFEE.
>>

>That's due to artificial flavoring. Have you ever tried a chocolate
>coated espresso bean?

Chocolate coated? 3-4 beans served next to a shot of Sambucca is
the way I roll.

[though I used to like the chocolate coated ones-- now the chocolate
just gets in the way.]

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking
z z z z is offline

first time I ever ate tiramisu it had a dab of whip cream on top with a
choc covered espresso bean. I thought ooh malted milk ball...awful. I
hate coffee always have even though it smells fantastic.

I have however developed a fondness for sweet flavored cappucino-not
coffee imo. The gas station sells butterfinger cappucino-divine on a
cold winter day.

Recently I discovered Hills Bros Double Mocha sugar free instant
cappucino. Cheap high volume great flavor despite the stronger coffee
taste easy to quickly stir up a cup. Wouldnt you know it when I went
back to Walmart to buy it again they no longer sell it! grrrr

So I then searched and found overly expensive low volume International
Coffees sugar free instant cappucino. Weak, insipid, but will do in a
pinch.

I have a killer caffeine addiction-if i have no diet coke all night I
will be up with headache by 5am. Those chocolate covered beans might do
the trick to keep them available like medicine for those early mornings
when I didnt get to the store to replenish my diet coke.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/10/2012 11:35 AM, Christopher M. wrote:
> A while ago I posted a topic about lemon desserts.
>
> I mentioned that I drink lemon juice every day, and how lemon desserts tend
> to be much stronger than lemon juice.
>
> Today I ate a coffee jelly bean. It had a really powerful flavor, almost
> like eating a coffee bean covered in chocolate.

Coffee or mocha cheesecake, homemade.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gloria p" > wrote in message
> On 4/10/2012 11:35 AM, Christopher M. wrote:
>> A while ago I posted a topic about lemon desserts.
>>
>> I mentioned that I drink lemon juice every day, and how lemon desserts
>> tend
>> to be much stronger than lemon juice.
>>
>> Today I ate a coffee jelly bean. It had a really powerful flavor, almost
>> like eating a coffee bean covered in chocolate.
>>

> Coffee or mocha cheesecake, homemade.
>

> gloria p

I love tiramisu with coffee. Drinking sweetened coffee after eating tiramisu
brings out the flavor of the coffee liqueur in the tiramisu.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:35:25 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

> Isn't Italian Spumoni coffee-flavored? I had it once, and loved it.

Spumoni has booze in it, not coffee. Booze, glacéd fruit and nuts...
at least the spumoni I like does.

Senior Member

Location: New York

I don't think so that coffee desserts blow your mind. One may like coffee flavor too much that's he might be thinking so.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Dave Smith > wrote:

>>> I have made espresso ice cream using instant espresso.... which is hard
>>> to find around here.

>> How did you like it? I'm not fond of coffee flavored ice cream, so I
>> wouldn't do it.

>I just made up a batch of ice cream base, but with a little extra sugar,
>and then added the instant espresso powder to taste... .nice and strong.
>My wife loved it.

Coffee was the flavor we usually made. I'll have to ask my mom how she
got the flavor in it. I suspect instant coffee.

Still one of my favorite ice creams.

I love coffee or mocha desserts. Kay Hartman's truffles made with Kahlua
(or coffee extract/instant/some super concentrated brew if you are trying
to avoid all alcohol) are the bomb. She makes a "cappucino thins" cookie
that is coffee flavored dough with some chocolate bits. Super tasty.

And if I ever see something like coffee pots de creme on a menu, I order
it.

(My tolerance has changed a lot since I started drinking coffee as a
beverage. I remember when I was in HS, my mom and I had the same mocha
dessert at a restaurant: my reaction was "woah this is super coffee" and
hers was "this is really chocolate".)

Charlotte
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Charlotte L. Blackmer > wrote:
>In article >,
>Dave Smith > wrote:

>>> How did you like it? I'm not fond of coffee flavored ice cream, so I
>>> wouldn't do it.

>>I just made up a batch of ice cream base, but with a little extra sugar,
>>and then added the instant espresso powder to taste... .nice and strong.
>>My wife loved it.

>Coffee was the flavor we usually made. I'll have to ask my mom how she
>got the flavor in it. I suspect instant coffee.
>
>Still one of my favorite ice creams.
>
>I love coffee or mocha desserts. Kay Hartman's truffles made with Kahlua
>(or coffee extract/instant/some super concentrated brew if you are trying
>to avoid all alcohol) are the bomb. She makes a "cappucino thins" cookie
>that is coffee flavored dough with some chocolate bits. Super tasty.

Obviously I haven't had enough coffee today - it's my mom that makes those
cookies, not Kay.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 10, 1:28*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:35:41 -0400, "Christopher M."
>
> > wrote:
> >A while ago I posted a topic about lemon desserts.

> >I mentioned that I drink lemon juice every day, and how lemon desserts tend
> >to be much stronger than lemon juice.

> >Today I ate a coffee jelly bean. It had a really powerful flavor, almost
> >like eating a coffee bean covered in chocolate.

> >Compared to that, my coffee is bland. Even coffee ice cream is bland.
> >There's coffee, and then there's COFFEE.

> >W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

> Yes that's true, but then there's coffee and then there's rubbish too!
> If you have rubbish, you can make it strong enough but it's still
> rubbish. I was sorely reminded of this this past weekend when I went
> out to a hunting "cabin" with my drinkin' buddy Scott. I had filled my
> vacuum bottle with most of the "12 cup" pot of my Sumatran that I make
> at home, but it went pretty quickly Sun morning betwen Scott and I
> (especially after all that bourbon the day and evening before!) So
> they has a fresh unopened can of Folger's "fancy name" stuff in the
> frezer and a drip coffee pot (which if I would have known I'd have
> brought more Sumatran!) so I made up a strong pot of Folger's, and
> while it was strong enough it was still rubbish. Did the cafffeine
> trick, but the flavor was rubbish coffee. :-(

There's often leftover coffee of that sort left from Sunday morning at
work. I let it cool to a temperature where I can drink a 10-12 oz cup
straight down, then I chase it with a little Sumarta that I brewed.
Free caffeine.
Folger's ain't sippin' coffee.

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 10, 8:23*pm, (z z) wrote:
> first time I ever ate tiramisu it had a dab of whip cream on top with a
> choc covered espresso bean. I thought ooh malted milk ball...awful. I
> hate coffee always have even though it smells fantastic.
>
> I have however developed a fondness for sweet flavored cappucino-not
> coffee imo. The gas station sells butterfinger cappucino-divine on a
> cold winter day.
>
> Recently I discovered Hills Bros Double Mocha sugar free instant
> cappucino. Cheap high volume great flavor despite the stronger coffee
> taste easy to quickly stir up a cup. Wouldnt you know it when I went
> back to Walmart to buy it again they no longer sell it! grrrr
>
> So I then searched and found overly expensive low volume International
> Coffees sugar free instant cappucino. Weak, insipid, but will do in a
> pinch.

To use Sheldon's expression, TIAD!

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Charlotte L. Blackmer wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:

>>> How did you like it? I'm not fond of coffee flavored ice cream, so I
>>> wouldn't do it.

>>I just made up a batch of ice cream base, but with a little extra sugar,
>>and then added the instant espresso powder to taste... .nice and strong.
>>My wife loved it.

>Coffee was the flavor we usually made. I'll have to ask my mom how she
>got the flavor in it. I suspect instant coffee.
>
>Still one of my favorite ice creams.
>
>I love coffee or mocha desserts. Kay Hartman's truffles made with Kahlua
>(or coffee extract/instant/some super concentrated brew if you are trying
>to avoid all alcohol) are the bomb. She makes a "cappucino thins" cookie
>that is coffee flavored dough with some chocolate bits. Super tasty.
>
>And if I ever see something like coffee pots de creme on a menu, I order
>it.
>
>(My tolerance has changed a lot since I started drinking coffee as a
>beverage. I remember when I was in HS, my mom and I had the same mocha
>dessert at a restaurant: my reaction was "woah this is super coffee" and
>hers was "this is really chocolate".)
>
>Charlotte

Stewart's Shops "Cream N' Coffee Fudge" ice cream is fantastic.
http://www.stewartsshops.com/Content...y&ContentID=57
Ate half the 1/2 gallon last night, gonna use restraint tonight... I
like all the flavors, I think Stewart's makes one of the best ice
creams out there and at a very reasonable price; $2.99 the full 1/2
gallon. Really doesn't pay to make ice cream.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/10/2012 2:54 PM, sf wrote:

> That's due to artificial flavoring. Have you ever tried a chocolate
> coated espresso bean?

I have the better part of a 5 lb bag in my freezer for when the craving
hits. I love the stuff!