Robert Feinman

Default Bread too soft

I'm using a bread machine. My standard recipe is 2 cups
bread flour and 1 cup whole wheat or rye. In addition there
is a little over a cup of water and the usual butter and
powdered milk and salt. Finally 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast.
This makes a full sized bread in a 2 lb machine even
though it is supposed to be a 1.5 lb recipe.
My complaint is that the bread is too soft, almost like
commercial packaged bread. It tears when cut and needs a
thicker slice or it will sag in a sandwich.
I'd like to adjust things so the bread is firmer, but
don't know what to alter. More dark flour, less yeast?

Any advice appreciated..
--
Robert D Feinman
http://robertdfeinman.com
MOMPEAGRAM

How much butter, powdered milk and salt. This sounds like I want my bread!

Could you post the full recipe?