Blocky Work Shoes

Default Cookie icing melts at room temperature

Yeah, is there a trick to making cookie icing that won't screw up at room
temperature? I'm tired of bringing to the holiday table cookies w/ melted
icing- the icing melts and sticks to the cookie above it druing delivery,
ruining hours of work. I stack them in tupperware containers.

Vox Humana

"Blocky Work Shoes" > wrote in message
> Yeah, is there a trick to making cookie icing that won't screw up at room
> temperature? I'm tired of bringing to the holiday table cookies w/ melted
> icing- the icing melts and sticks to the cookie above it druing delivery,
> ruining hours of work. I stack them in tupperware containers.

Don't stack them. Let them sit uncovered for several hours so they crust
over. Change the type of fat you use to one that doesn't melt at room
temperature. Reduce the amount of liquid.

The ultimate frosting for decorated cookies is royal frosting. It remains
glossy and gets rock hard. You can get some amazing results by using the
flooding technique.
Take a look at these links:
http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jh...ent&id=tvs4925
http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jh...ent&id=tvs1490