baker1

Default How to keep my rolls soft?

When I get sandwich rolls at the bakery, they are perfectly soft and
fresh and I keep them in the paper bag I buy them in. However, they
turn hard almost overnight. Is there a way to keep them 1 or 2 days
and keep them (kind of) fresh?

Thx
Vox Humana

"baker1" > wrote in message
> When I get sandwich rolls at the bakery, they are perfectly soft and
> fresh and I keep them in the paper bag I buy them in. However, they
> turn hard almost overnight. Is there a way to keep them 1 or 2 days
> and keep them (kind of) fresh?

Try putting them in plastic. They should last for two days there. Keep
them out of the refrigerator. You can also refresh them by heating them for
a few minutes in the microwave.

Rose

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:23:23 GMT, baker1 >
wrote:

>When I get sandwich rolls at the bakery, they are perfectly soft and
>fresh and I keep them in the paper bag I buy them in. However, they
>turn hard almost overnight. Is there a way to keep them 1 or 2 days
>and keep them (kind of) fresh?
>
>Thx

What we do is lightly coat it with some water - you know around the
sides and on the top and bottom using your fingers. Then you put them
in the oven for a few minutes and they come out nice and soft (and
hot!)

Rose
http://members.aol.com/Roseb44170/home.html
"How in the heck did I ever get talked into this?"