Diane W. Saunders

Default Dyed Frosting......

Does anyone out there use any special kind of dye in their frosting
for a birthday cake? And is there anything that can be used that
won't stay on fingers or lips????? All answers greatly appreciated.
Vox Humana

"Diane W. Saunders" > wrote in message
om...
> Does anyone out there use any special kind of dye in their frosting
> for a birthday cake? And is there anything that can be used that
> won't stay on fingers or lips????? All answers greatly appreciated.

If your frosting is staining people's lips, I would cut back on the
coloring. I use paste colorings because they are very intense. They will
stain you fingers it you touch them, but they shouldn't stain you once mixed
into the frosting. If that is a problem, you might consider wearing gloves.

Peggy

If you need just a little color, the liquid food coloring works just fine.
But if you need an intense shade, using a lot of the liquid stuff would
dilute the frosting so then you use the paste stuff. I've seen it at
Wal*Mart.
~Peggy

"Diane W. Saunders" > wrote in message
om...
> Does anyone out there use any special kind of dye in their frosting
> for a birthday cake? And is there anything that can be used that
> won't stay on fingers or lips????? All answers greatly appreciated.

Darrell Grainger

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Diane W. Saunders wrote:

> Does anyone out there use any special kind of dye in their frosting
> for a birthday cake? And is there anything that can be used that
> won't stay on fingers or lips????? All answers greatly appreciated.

I use paste from Wilton. Doesn't add a bad taste to the frosting and works
really well. Be careful not to use too much. I usually dip a toothpick in
the jar and use whatever sticks to the toothpick. It looks like a dot when
I start mixing it with the frosting but the more I mix the more it
colours.

Don't send e-mail to