Posted to alt.food.asian
Silver Beetle

Default What do I do with this stuff?

The last time I was at an asian market, I bought a jar of this:

http://www.laoguiyang.com/prt-nuts.htm

Basically, it's a hot, oily mixture of nuts. I have no idea what to do
with it. Any suggestions?

(BTW, you might enjoy, as I did, the descriptions of all their products:
http://www.laoguiyang.com/product.htm and their "about us" page:
http://www.laoguiyang.com/aboutus.htm. Note, for example, that they are
"Managed by well-educated executive members with deploitation spirit.")

--
Silvar Beitel, known to small children and USENET as Silver Beetle.
To respond by email: change "minus" to "plus" in address

Posted to alt.food.asian
Tippi

It's a chili oil with nuts. I would use it like normal chili oil, e.g.
dipping with dumplings, or a small amount mixed into noodles, congee
etc.

Posted to alt.food.asian
Silver Beetle

I wrote (basically):

> What does one do with chili oil with nuts? (specifically http://www.laoguiyang.com/prt-nuts.htm)

and a couple of you responded with excellent suggestions.

So, for lunch today, I made a bowl of noodles and random vegetables and
some sliced-up leftover orange-glazed chicken breast and stirred in a
tablespoon of the chili oil before serving. It was pretty darn good!
Not too hot and the nuts added a nice dimension to the flavor. Next
I'll try it on a tofu/vegetable combo.

Thanks for your inputs.

--
Silvar Beitel, known to small children and USENET as Silver Beetle.
To respond by email: change "minus" to "plus" in address

Can't stop dipping stuff into other stuff Christopher M.[_5_] General Cooking 85 14-01-2014 02:46 PM
Stuff on the Web modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] General Cooking 1 28-08-2009 10:10 PM
just stuff elaine General Cooking 10 18-03-2007 12:13 PM
Stuff you ate as a kid-but you know is bad for you now but...... Kswck General Cooking 63 17-03-2006 11:05 PM
Stuff from Hou De Nico Tea 9 08-09-2005 03:45 PM