Posted to alt.food.asian

Default Tikki Masala

Anyone have a good recipe for tikki masala? I'm pretty disappointed by all
the bottle or packets of this I've tried.

--
Dan
Posted to alt.food.asian

Sqwertz wrote:

> BTW, Dan - if you're on Facebook there's a halfway decent cooking
> group there with some old faces you'd recognize.
>
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/recfoodcooking/

Just requested to join..

--
Dan
Posted to alt.food.asian

In article >,
says...
> Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > BTW, Dan - if you're on Facebook there's a halfway decent cooking
> > group there with some old faces you'd recognize.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/recfoodcooking/

> Just requested to join..

I only heard of :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tikka_masala

Difficult to do without tandoor...

Gerardus
Posted to alt.food.asian

On 3/5/2013 9:52 AM, Dan Logcher wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> BTW, Dan - if you're on Facebook there's a halfway decent cooking
>> group there with some old faces you'd recognize.
>>
>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/recfoodcooking/

> Just requested to join..

And the exodus from Usenet continues. While I'm half kidding, it's too
bad that Usenet continues to die a slow death. I've been using it for
over 25 years and while I'm happy to still participate, I hate to see
services like facebook taking over the world.

BTW, Dan, I tend to make my own spice mixes by throwing a bunch of stuff
together. Next time I make it, I'll measure and re-post what was
successful for me.

--
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/ The Sushi FAQ
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/sushiotaku/ The Sushi Otaku Blog
Posted to alt.food.asian

Warren wrote:
> On 3/5/2013 9:52 AM, Dan Logcher wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>

>>> BTW, Dan - if you're on Facebook there's a halfway decent cooking
>>> group there with some old faces you'd recognize.
>>>
>>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/recfoodcooking/

>> Just requested to join..
>>

> And the exodus from Usenet continues. While I'm half kidding, it's too
> bad that Usenet continues to die a slow death. I've been using it for
> over 25 years and while I'm happy to still participate, I hate to see
> services like facebook taking over the world.
>
> BTW, Dan, I tend to make my own spice mixes by throwing a bunch of stuff
> together. Next time I make it, I'll measure and re-post what was
> successful for me.

I'm not leaving USENET, just looking for more resources.
Yeah, let me know how it goes.

--
Dan

Posted to alt.food.asian

On 3/14/2013 12:00 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:43:16 -0400, Warren wrote:

>>> Just requested to join..
>>>

>> And the exodus from Usenet continues. While I'm half kidding, it's too
>> bad that Usenet continues to die a slow death. I've been using it for
>> over 25 years and while I'm happy to still participate, I hate to see
>> services like facebook taking over the world.
>>
>> BTW, Dan, I tend to make my own spice mixes by throwing a bunch of stuff
>> together. Next time I make it, I'll measure and re-post what was
>> successful for me.

> The Usenet version of rec.food.cooking has been in a downhill spiral
> for 15-20 years. In the case of Facebook, while the ever-changing
> interface sucks, people are much more well-behaved since the accounts
> are (usually) tied to real friends and family and whatnot. People are
> less likely to be assholes, trolls, and spammers - whcih is what
> tirned a lot of people off of Usenet.
>
> This is NOT an endorsement for Facebook, just observation.
>
> ObAsianFood: I'm pretty proud of last week's home made pot stickers:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...ream/lightbox/
>
> Sautéed bok choy (garlic, oyster sauce, chicken stock)
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...ream/lightbox/
>
> Com Thit Nuong (Grilled marinated pork over rice with pineapple nuoc
> cham)
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...ream/lightbox/
>
> (Facebook also makes it easier to post pictures - still not an
> endorsement! :-)
>
> -sw

while in some cases that is true, I've got about 10 fake facebook
accounts and keep creating new ones. It's just as much a troll-fest as
it's always been, the difference is that you can lock down what you see
better than Usenet.

Masala Vadai Radhika Recipes 0 01-08-2012 12:31 PM
REC: Garam Masala Mike Muth General Cooking 8 02-02-2012 09:56 PM
Corn on the cob Masala [email protected] General Cooking 0 14-05-2008 04:37 AM
Mushroom Masala [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 20-09-2006 07:22 AM
Masala tea: Question 2 Adam Schwartz General Cooking 4 04-03-2004 07:55 AM