Old 14-03-2013, 11:09 PM posted to alt.food.asian
Warren[_10_] Warren[_10_] is offline

Default Tikki Masala

On 3/14/2013 12:00 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:43:16 -0400, Warren wrote:

On 3/5/2013 9:52 AM, Dan Logcher wrote:
Sqwertz wrote:

BTW, Dan - if you're on Facebook there's a halfway decent cooking
group there with some old faces you'd recognize.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/recfoodcooking/

Just requested to join..

And the exodus from Usenet continues. While I'm half kidding, it's too
bad that Usenet continues to die a slow death. I've been using it for
over 25 years and while I'm happy to still participate, I hate to see
services like facebook taking over the world.

BTW, Dan, I tend to make my own spice mixes by throwing a bunch of stuff
together. Next time I make it, I'll measure and re-post what was
successful for me.

The Usenet version of rec.food.cooking has been in a downhill spiral
for 15-20 years. In the case of Facebook, while the ever-changing
interface sucks, people are much more well-behaved since the accounts
are (usually) tied to real friends and family and whatnot. People are
less likely to be assholes, trolls, and spammers - whcih is what
tirned a lot of people off of Usenet.

This is NOT an endorsement for Facebook, just observation.

ObAsianFood: I'm pretty proud of last week's home made pot stickers:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...ream/lightbox/

Sautéed bok choy (garlic, oyster sauce, chicken stock)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...ream/lightbox/

Com Thit Nuong (Grilled marinated pork over rice with pineapple nuoc
cham)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...ream/lightbox/

(Facebook also makes it easier to post pictures - still not an
endorsement! :-)

-sw

while in some cases that is true, I've got about 10 fake facebook
accounts and keep creating new ones. It's just as much a troll-fest as
it's always been, the difference is that you can lock down what you see
better than Usenet.

--
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/ The Sushi FAQ
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/sushiotaku/ The Sushi Otaku Blog