Unique ways of serving food

Old 31-05-2004, 02:23 AM
mary
Usenet poster

Default Unique ways of serving food

There was a family pharmacy in Pittsburgh, PA that closed over thirty years
ago, and the owner closed the door, and it sat unused for that time. One of
the owner's son decided to reopen it as an ice cream store since it had that
nice marble counter. It has been a success. He has one of those large jars
of pickles on the counter. One day someone wanted a pickle to take with
them, but the son did not have anything to put it in. Then he realized that
he could use one of those disposable gloves to put it into. After that one
of the ice cream stores specialties, so to speak, is a pickle-in-a-glove.

Anyone have any other unusual ways of serving food. (Keep it clean).

Tom

Old 31-05-2004, 04:25 AM
Scott
Usenet poster

In article ,
"mary" wrote:

Anyone have any other unusual ways of serving food. (Keep it clean).

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3541615/

please mail OT responses only
Old 31-05-2004, 06:31 AM
Blair P. Houghton
Usenet poster

Scott wrote:
In article ,
"mary" wrote:

Anyone have any other unusual ways of serving food. (Keep it clean).

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3541615/

Naked Sushi has been around for several years, but was a very
old concept long before someone tried to market it.

Ever seen "Tampopo"?

--Blair
"Just thinking about the box sitting
over by my DVD player makes me hungry..."
Old 31-05-2004, 06:50 AM
Mr. Wizard
Usenet poster

"mary" wrote in message
There was a family pharmacy in Pittsburgh, PA that closed over thirty

years
ago, and the owner closed the door, and it sat unused for that time. One

of
the owner's son decided to reopen it as an ice cream store since it had

that
nice marble counter. It has been a success. He has one of those large jars
of pickles on the counter. One day someone wanted a pickle to take with
them, but the son did not have anything to put it in. Then he realized

that
he could use one of those disposable gloves to put it into. After that one
of the ice cream stores specialties, so to speak, is a pickle-in-a-glove.

Anyone have any other unusual ways of serving food. (Keep it clean).

Tom

Occasionally, my Mom would serve my Dad his
eggs by throwing the skillet at him.

Old 01-06-2004, 05:32 AM
Kajikit
Usenet poster

mary had something important to tell us on Sun, 30 May 2004 21:23:14
-0400:

There was a family pharmacy in Pittsburgh, PA that closed over thirty years
ago, and the owner closed the door, and it sat unused for that time. One of
the owner's son decided to reopen it as an ice cream store since it had that
nice marble counter. It has been a success. He has one of those large jars
of pickles on the counter. One day someone wanted a pickle to take with

Just a weird question that springs to mind here - why on EARTH would
an icecream store have a jar of pickles on hand? For the convenience
of all those pregnant ladies? (For that matter, why would anyone buy
one?) lol
--
~Karen AKA Kajikit
Lover of shiny things...

Made as of 25 May 2004 - 79 cards, 45 SB pages (plus 3 small giftbooks), 56 decos & more!

Visit my webpage: http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Old 01-06-2004, 12:14 PM
Jarkat2002
Usenet poster

Just a weird question that springs to mind here - why on EARTH would
an icecream store have a jar of pickles on hand? For the convenience
of all those pregnant ladies? (For that matter, why would anyone buy
one?) lol
--
~Karen AKA Kajikit

I worked at an ice-cream shop all thru high school. We always had pickles.
But, I'll admit .. I worked there 3 years and I think the same pickles that
were there when I started, were there when I left. If the place is still open
(over 20 yrs later) I bet they would still have the same pickles lol

~Kat

"The early bird gets the worm, the second mouse gets the cheese."
Old 01-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Kate Connally
Usenet poster

Kajikit wrote:

mary had something important to tell us on Sun, 30 May 2004 21:23:14
-0400:

There was a family pharmacy in Pittsburgh, PA that closed over thirty years
ago, and the owner closed the door, and it sat unused for that time. One of
the owner's son decided to reopen it as an ice cream store since it had that
nice marble counter. It has been a success. He has one of those large jars
of pickles on the counter. One day someone wanted a pickle to take with

Just a weird question that springs to mind here - why on EARTH would
an icecream store have a jar of pickles on hand? For the convenience
of all those pregnant ladies? (For that matter, why would anyone buy
one?) lol

My thoughts exactly. I don't mind an occasional
kosher pickle spear with a Reuben or some other
sandwich, but that's about it. I don't want no
stinkin' pickles nowhere near my ice cream. :-)

--
~Karen AKA Kajikit
Lover of shiny things...

Are you part crow or packrat? :-)

Kate

--
Kate Connally
If I were as old as I feel, Id be dead already.