FoodBanter.com

-   -   Unique ways of serving food (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/6799-unique-ways-serving-food.html)

mary 31-05-2004 02:23 AM

Unique ways of serving food

There was a family pharmacy in Pittsburgh, PA that closed over thirty years
ago, and the owner closed the door, and it sat unused for that time. One of
the owner's son decided to reopen it as an ice cream store since it had that
nice marble counter. It has been a success. He has one of those large jars
of pickles on the counter. One day someone wanted a pickle to take with
them, but the son did not have anything to put it in. Then he realized that
he could use one of those disposable gloves to put it into. After that one
of the ice cream stores specialties, so to speak, is a pickle-in-a-glove.

Anyone have any other unusual ways of serving food. (Keep it clean).

Tom

Scott 31-05-2004 04:25 AM

Unique ways of serving food

In article >,
"mary" > wrote:

> Anyone have any other unusual ways of serving food. (Keep it clean).

<http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3541615/>

please mail OT responses only

Blair P. Houghton 31-05-2004 06:31 AM

Unique ways of serving food

Scott > wrote:
>In article >,
> "mary" > wrote:
>
>> Anyone have any other unusual ways of serving food. (Keep it clean).

><http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3541615/>

Naked Sushi has been around for several years, but was a very
old concept long before someone tried to market it.

Ever seen "Tampopo"?

--Blair
"Just thinking about the box sitting
over by my DVD player makes me hungry..."

Mr. Wizard 31-05-2004 06:50 AM

Unique ways of serving food

"mary" > wrote in message
> There was a family pharmacy in Pittsburgh, PA that closed over thirty

years
> ago, and the owner closed the door, and it sat unused for that time. One

of
> the owner's son decided to reopen it as an ice cream store since it had

that
> nice marble counter. It has been a success. He has one of those large jars
> of pickles on the counter. One day someone wanted a pickle to take with
> them, but the son did not have anything to put it in. Then he realized

that
> he could use one of those disposable gloves to put it into. After that one
> of the ice cream stores specialties, so to speak, is a pickle-in-a-glove.
>
> Anyone have any other unusual ways of serving food. (Keep it clean).
>
> Tom

Occasionally, my Mom would serve my Dad his
eggs by throwing the skillet at him.

Kajikit 01-06-2004 05:32 AM

Unique ways of serving food

mary had something important to tell us on Sun, 30 May 2004 21:23:14
-0400:

>There was a family pharmacy in Pittsburgh, PA that closed over thirty years
>ago, and the owner closed the door, and it sat unused for that time. One of
>the owner's son decided to reopen it as an ice cream store since it had that
>nice marble counter. It has been a success. He has one of those large jars
>of pickles on the counter. One day someone wanted a pickle to take with

Just a weird question that springs to mind here - why on EARTH would
an icecream store have a jar of pickles on hand? For the convenience
of all those pregnant ladies? (For that matter, why would anyone buy
one?) lol
--
~Karen AKA Kajikit
Lover of shiny things...

Made as of 25 May 2004 - 79 cards, 45 SB pages (plus 3 small giftbooks), 56 decos & more!

Visit my webpage: http://www.kajikitscorner.com

Jarkat2002 01-06-2004 12:14 PM

Unique ways of serving food

>Just a weird question that springs to mind here - why on EARTH would
>an icecream store have a jar of pickles on hand? For the convenience
>of all those pregnant ladies? (For that matter, why would anyone buy
>one?) lol
>--
>~Karen AKA Kajikit

I worked at an ice-cream shop all thru high school. We always had pickles.
But, I'll admit .. I worked there 3 years and I think the same pickles that
were there when I started, were there when I left. If the place is still open
(over 20 yrs later) I bet they would still have the same pickles lol

~Kat

"The early bird gets the worm, the second mouse gets the cheese."

Kate Connally 01-06-2004 08:48 PM

Unique ways of serving food

Kajikit wrote:

> mary had something important to tell us on Sun, 30 May 2004 21:23:14
> -0400:
>
> >There was a family pharmacy in Pittsburgh, PA that closed over thirty years
> >ago, and the owner closed the door, and it sat unused for that time. One of
> >the owner's son decided to reopen it as an ice cream store since it had that
> >nice marble counter. It has been a success. He has one of those large jars
> >of pickles on the counter. One day someone wanted a pickle to take with

> Just a weird question that springs to mind here - why on EARTH would
> an icecream store have a jar of pickles on hand? For the convenience
> of all those pregnant ladies? (For that matter, why would anyone buy
> one?) lol

My thoughts exactly. I don't mind an occasional
kosher pickle spear with a Reuben or some other
sandwich, but that's about it. I don't want no
stinkin' pickles nowhere near my ice cream. :-)

> --
> ~Karen AKA Kajikit
> Lover of shiny things...

Are you part crow or packrat? :-)