Best non stick technology

« Opah! | Slow Cooker »

Old 23-02-2012, 03:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Best non stick technology

dsi1 writes:

On 2/22/2012 5:52 PM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
writes:

On 2/22/2012 12:02 PM, Gary wrote:
John Kuthe wrote:

Bryan wrote:
All fats that are not fully saturated go rancid, and it's not like
pregancy. Fats can be a tiny bit rancid. It's a matter of how rancid
is acceptable. Your sister's oil is absolutely somewhat rancid from
over a year at room temp, exposed to oxygen. The only oil I know of
that that I'd store for over a year at room temp is MCT oil. Rancid
fat is bad.

How do you know your precious Medium Chain Triglyceride (I just had to
expand that abbreviation since you never do!) oil can be stored a year
at room temp without going rancid? Because the company that sold it to
you said so?

BTW your obsession is showing again!

He used to be your good friend, John. Be nice. :-D

OTOH, if somebody fed me when I was homeless, I would be eternally
grateful and loyal to that person no matter what. Guess I'm just
old-fashioned.

Sounds more like you lack imagination. I can easily imagine a large
number of things that would break my loyalty even to somebody who had
helped me like that.

No doubt you are correct about this. I can't think of a damn thing.

Rape-torture-murder of your daughter? (Or of somebody very important in
your life.)
--
David Dyer-Bennet, ; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info
Old 23-02-2012, 03:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 23, 9:16*am, Bull wrote:
In article
,
*John Kuthe wrote:

On Feb 23, 6:16*am, Bryan wrote:

He diverted two day old "old fashioned" (I kid you not, that was the
name of the variety) donuts that we destined for the dumpster. *I
wouldn't have asked for, nor do I think he would have offered salable
product. *That would have been stealing.

One day old, dufus. *We never kept any donuts for two days, except
that Sunday morning it snowed 20 inches and we had most everything
that I made left the next day!

John Kuthe...

Small baby duck -- what happened to all the goodbyes? Whole new world
today?

Dude, the "dufus" thing is part of the "childlike" schema. Second
grade insult. If you're choosing to tune in on a poorly produced soap
opera, you shouldn't expect much. Besides, I got that he meant
"goodbye" personally.

B *U * * * * * LL

--Bryan
Old 23-02-2012, 04:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 23, 9:39*am, Bryan wrote:
On Feb 23, 9:16*am, Bull wrote:

In article
,
*John Kuthe wrote:

On Feb 23, 6:16*am, Bryan wrote:

He diverted two day old "old fashioned" (I kid you not, that was the
name of the variety) donuts that we destined for the dumpster. *I
wouldn't have asked for, nor do I think he would have offered salable
product. *That would have been stealing.

One day old, dufus. *We never kept any donuts for two days, except
that Sunday morning it snowed 20 inches and we had most everything
that I made left the next day!

John Kuthe...

Small baby duck -- what happened to all the goodbyes? Whole new world
today?

Dude, the "dufus" thing is part of the "childlike" schema. *Second
grade insult. *If you're choosing to tune in on a poorly produced soap
opera, you shouldn't expect much. *Besides, I got that he meant
"goodbye" personally.

You've got that right. Like I said, you have not only become no fun
but MEAN! You are mean to your son (I've seen it and mentioned it to
you!) and the last few times I've visited you it was absolutely no fun
for me. Why maintain any kind of interpersonal relationship for which
there is no positive payoff and significant negative?

You will grow further into an old bitter mean man, even more than you
are already. And I have no use for YOU!

John Kuthe...
Old 23-02-2012, 05:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

Bryan wrote:
[...]

Throwing small but spiny little cacti at you every afternoon, just
before 3.

--
David Dyer-Bennet

--Bryan
Old 23-02-2012, 09:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/23/2012 5:38 AM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
writes:
No doubt you are correct about this. I can't think of a damn thing.

Rape-torture-murder of your daughter? (Or of somebody very important in
your life.)

Loyalty arises out of obligation. If you spend time thinking of reasons
to get out of your obligations, you haven't quite gotten the concept of
loyalty. As it goes, I'm only loyal to my wife and kids and my dad. My
father has people that are loyal to him and I admire him for that but do
not envy his position - I consider that to be a heavy weight to carry.
Old 23-02-2012, 10:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

writes:
No doubt you are correct about this. I can't think of a damn thing.

Rape-torture-murder of your daughter? (Or of somebody very important in
your life.)

Loyalty arises out of obligation. If you spend time thinking of
reasons to get out of your obligations, you haven't quite gotten the
concept of loyalty. As it goes, I'm only loyal to my wife and kids and
my dad. My father has people that are loyal to him and I admire him
for that but do not envy his position - I consider that to be a heavy
weight to carry.

It's no effort. As I say, you clearly have a rather mild imagination.

From my point of view, you claimed a level of loyalty that was
essentially infinite, and *that* isn't something I believe in.
Old 23-02-2012, 10:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

*writes:
No doubt you are correct about this. I can't think of a damn thing.

Rape-torture-murder of your daughter? *(Or of somebody very important in
your life.)

Loyalty arises out of obligation. If you spend time thinking of
reasons to get out of your obligations, you haven't quite gotten the
concept of loyalty. As it goes, I'm only loyal to my wife and kids and
my dad. My father has people that are loyal to him and I admire him
for that but do not envy his position - I consider that to be a heavy
weight to carry.

It's no effort. As I say, you clearly have a rather mild imagination.

From my point of view, you claimed a level of loyalty that was
essentially infinite, and *that* isn't something I believe in.

Good point. The only "infinite" loyalty I have is to my son, which is
exemplified when years ago a boating friend of mine asked me if I
absolutely HAD to kill one or the other, would I kill my father or my
son? And I without hesitation I said "My father, and I would expect my
son to make the same choice if forced to." And he knew that I knew
exactly what he was getting at my asking such a question.

But that absolute notwithstanding, I think it's reasonable to expect a
somewhat less extreme level of loyalty between long time "friends".
Bryan was the "friend" I had for the longest time of people not
related by blood to me. And I finally realized what I had been
suspecting for a LONG time now, that Bryan is no longer any kind of
"friend" to me, if he ever was. I think he was more in the past. For
chrissakes, we lived together 3 times, and almost came to fisticuffs
that 3rd time! But he was never such a deliberate and extreme asshole
to me as he was here on RFC. Never. That was the level of loyalty we
used to respect with each other. Being at least minimally decent and
sometimes better than that to each other.

I knows Bryan will turn this around and say "But you called me
obsessed!" But he is, as evidenced over and over and over.

John Kuthe...
Old 23-02-2012, 11:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

*writes:
No doubt you are correct about this. I can't think of a damn thing.

Rape-torture-murder of your daughter? *(Or of somebody very important in
your life.)

Loyalty arises out of obligation. If you spend time thinking of
reasons to get out of your obligations, you haven't quite gotten the
concept of loyalty. As it goes, I'm only loyal to my wife and kids and
my dad. My father has people that are loyal to him and I admire him
for that but do not envy his position - I consider that to be a heavy
weight to carry.

It's no effort. As I say, you clearly have a rather mild imagination.

From my point of view, you claimed a level of loyalty that was
[...]

You're every bit as obsessed...with calling me obsessed. You have not
been minimally decent either, basically calling me a fool. You, Sir,
are the fool. Whereas before you started this bullshit, the
likelihood that any employer who bothered to do the most cursory
search of the internet, would have been very unlikely to give you a
nursing job, after this bullshit, your chances are further
diminished. Think about it from their perspective. You look like a
guy who is anything *but* fascinated by details about nutrition, and
you make psychiatric diagnoses over the internet. Would *you* hire
someone like you? You're more concerned about looking like the winner
of an argument than you are about public health, or even if you aren't
really, most reasonable folks would see it that way.
But you just couldn't stop insulting me, even though it made you look
worse and worse, and less and less appealing to prospective
employers. You're the obsessed one, the out of control one. I bet
you wish you'd never used your real name on the internet. You might
as well keep going with your "Bryan is obsessed" posts because you
couldn't look any worse than you do right now, and everyone here, even
you, knows that's true.

John Kuthe...

--Bryan
Old 24-02-2012, 12:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

*writes:
No doubt you are correct about this. I can't think of a damn thing.

Rape-torture-murder of your daughter? *(Or of somebody very important in
your life.)

Loyalty arises out of obligation. If you spend time thinking of
reasons to get out of your obligations, you haven't quite gotten the
concept of loyalty. As it goes, I'm only loyal to my wife and kids and
my dad. My father has people that are loyal to him and I admire him
for that but do not envy his position - I consider that to be a heavy
weight to carry.

It's no effort. As I say, you clearly have a rather mild imagination.

From my point of view, you claimed a level of loyalty that was
[...]

Told ya so!

;-)

John Kuthe...
Old 24-02-2012, 12:51 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/23/2012 12:38 PM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

It's no effort. As I say, you clearly have a rather mild imagination.

From my point of view, you claimed a level of loyalty that was
essentially infinite, and *that* isn't something I believe in.

What the heck does my level of imagination have to do with loyalty? It's
obvious that you didn't place much stock in the idea. Very few people
believe in unconditional loyalty these days. Back in the past it was all
that mattered.
Old 24-02-2012, 05:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

What the heck does my level of imagination have to do with loyalty? It's
obvious that you didn't place much stock in the idea. Very few people
believe in unconditional loyalty these days. Back in the past it was all
that mattered.

That's because tribal values have been replaced by universal human
values. It's part of mankind becoming more mature.

Steve
Old 24-02-2012, 09:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/23/2012 7:20 PM, Steve Pope wrote:
wrote:

What the heck does my level of imagination have to do with loyalty? It's
obvious that you didn't place much stock in the idea. Very few people
believe in unconditional loyalty these days. Back in the past it was all
that mattered.

That's because tribal values have been replaced by universal human
values. It's part of mankind becoming more mature.

Steve

There's a lot of people that aren't able to see beyond their own little
world of desires. Mostly, these people are under the age of 6. As we
grow older we see that there are more things in this world besides
ourselves.

Is petty bickering the mark of the new mature world of universal human
values? Is selfishness and operating in a self-serving manner traits
that we admire? Do we have any heroes that were not loyal to a cause or
an ideal or a country? Can honor and duty exist without loyalty?
Old 24-02-2012, 12:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope wrote:

What the heck does my level of imagination have to do with loyalty? It's
obvious that you didn't place much stock in the idea. Very few people
believe in unconditional loyalty these days. Back in the past it was all
that mattered.

That's because tribal values have been replaced by universal human
values. It's part of mankind becoming more mature.

That may be the rule in our society, but it's not universal.

Old 24-02-2012, 02:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

*wrote:

What the heck does my level of imagination have to do with loyalty? It's
obvious that you didn't place much stock in the idea. Very few people
believe in unconditional loyalty these days. Back in the past it was all
that mattered.

That's because tribal values have been replaced by universal human
values. *It's part of mankind becoming more mature.

Steve

There's a lot of people that aren't able to see beyond their own little
world of desires. Mostly, these people are under the age of 6. As we
grow older we see that there are more things in this world besides
ourselves.

Hopefully, but not always. :-(

John Kuthe...
Old 24-02-2012, 03:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 23, 5:57*pm, Bryan wrote:
You're every bit as obsessed...with calling me obsessed. *You have not
been minimally decent either, basically calling me a fool.

You might
as well keep going with your "Bryan is obsessed" posts because you
couldn't look any worse than you do right now, and everyone here, even
you, knows that's true.

Awwww, did I hurt your widdle feewings?

(sniff sniff!)

John Kuthe...