Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default shelf life

does anyone no the shelf life of wine made frome welch's
concentrate.should it be drank right up or let it age,or will it even
age.?,

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

That's sort of a matter of opinion. I think it tastes better at a year, but
there are others who like it young.
Darlene

"k-dawg" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> does anyone no the shelf life of wine made frome welch's
> concentrate.should it be drank right up or let it age,or will it even
> age.?,

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I made a batch that was excellent at 2 months but was definitely going south
at one year even though most of my wine is aged one to 4 years. I made
another batch that I blended with a mead and it seems to be holding up well
at one year.

Basic rule for any wine, drink it when it is good. Do not wait for it to
get better. Their are two sad scenarios that can occur:
1) You could start drinking a batch when it is good and every bottle you
open is better. When the last bottle is gone you will wish you had not
drunk it so soon.
2) You could wait for it to get better until it starts going south and then
no matter how fast you drink it, every bottle will be worse.

I think the second of these scenarios is the sadder case.

Ray

oups.com...

Shelf life? [email protected] Wine 8 12-11-2014 12:31 AM
Shelf life The Wolf Preserving 3 05-05-2010 03:30 AM
Shelf life SteveB[_2_] General Cooking 64 19-12-2008 09:24 PM
How do you tell the shelf life of a kit? arrassa Winemaking 2 19-03-2007 07:32 AM
What is the shelf life for..... dizzi Preserving 6 18-08-2004 06:13 AM