Terry ODonovan

Default Grapes and fruit

I have 3 grape vines, 1 black indoor, 1black outdoor and 1 white outdoor,
gooseberry's raspberry's and black and red currants. I would love to make
wine from these, can anyone suggest what equipment I need and any receipies?

Dar V

Try checking out Jack's site - should answer most of your questions -
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/index.asp . Good-luck.
Darlene

"Terry ODonovan" > wrote in message
>I have 3 grape vines, 1 black indoor, 1black outdoor and 1 white outdoor,
>gooseberry's raspberry's and black and red currants. I would love to make
>wine from these, can anyone suggest what equipment I need and any
>receipies?

Ray Calvert

You can get beginners kits of hardware from most winemaker supply stores,
online or local. The best way to go is to find a winemaker you can team up
with but baring that just contact a shop and get a kit. The kits are fairly
complete, include things that are really essential, and cost about the sum
of the individual products. If you do continue in the hobby you will add
items but they are a good way to start. As Dar says, check out Jack's site
and get a beginners book. Jack does have suggested books on his site.

Ray

Grapes Becca[_2_] General Cooking 5 30-09-2008 03:15 AM
Odd Grapes and Fruit or Vegetable wine. jim Winemaking 3 04-10-2006 10:45 PM
Four RECIPES: "Fruit Spreads" - use concentrated fruit juice for sweetener Melba's Jammin' Preserving 20 27-05-2006 12:51 AM
Frozen Fruit versus fresh fruit [email protected] Baking 2 03-02-2005 09:38 PM
Grapes Terry O'Donovan Winemaking 4 16-06-2004 11:09 PM