Member

Default Newbie to wine - Rhubarb Recipe

Hi Guys

I'm a complete novice to wine making and have a real excess of Rhubarb this year that I'm tempted to make some wine.

Please could someone post a recipe to make 25l of wine?

I have seen this one but not sure to what quantity it will make...

6-7 lbs red rhubarb
2-1/2 lbs finely granulated sugar
2 large lemons (juice only)
water to make up one gallon
1 crushed Campden tablet
1 oz precipitated chalk
1-1/2 tsp yeast nutrient
Sauterne wine yeast

Thanks

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Jun 29, 3:40*pm, smudger28
> wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I'm a complete novice to wine making and have a real excess of Rhubarb
> this year that I'm tempted to make some wine.
>
> Please could someone post a recipe to make 25l of wine?
>
> I have seen this one but not sure to what quantity it will make...
>
> 6-7 lbs red rhubarb
> 2-1/2 lbs finely granulated sugar
> 2 large lemons (juice only)
> water to make up one gallon
> 1 crushed Campden tablet
> 1 oz precipitated chalk
> 1-1/2 tsp yeast nutrient
> Sauterne wine yeast
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul
>
> --
> smudger28

That looks like one of Jack Keller's one gallon recipes. 25l is
roughly 6 1/2 gallons, so multiply the ingredients by 6.5.

Stephen
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Jun 30, 5:20*am, shbailey > wrote:
> On Jun 29, 3:40*pm, smudger28
>

> > wrote:
> > Hi Guys

> > I'm a complete novice to wine making and have a real excess of Rhubarb
> > this year that I'm tempted to make some wine.

> > Please could someone post a recipe to make 25l of wine?

> > I have seen this one but not sure to what quantity it will make...

> > 6-7 lbs red rhubarb
> > 2-1/2 lbs finely granulated sugar
> > 2 large lemons (juice only)
> > water to make up one gallon
> > 1 crushed Campden tablet
> > 1 oz precipitated chalk
> > 1-1/2 tsp yeast nutrient
> > Sauterne wine yeast

> > Thanks

I Just ran across an ebook for making your own wine, it has lots of
recipes, I am sure there was one for rhubarb since there were over 190
recipes.
http://cabernetvineyards.org/categor...your-own-wine/

> > Paul

> > --
> > smudger28

> That looks like one of Jack Keller's one gallon recipes. *25l is
> roughly 6 1/2 gallons, so multiply the ingredients by 6.5.
>
> Stephen

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Jul 2, 5:25*pm, Retta > wrote:
> On Jun 30, 5:20*am, shbailey > wrote:
>
> > On Jun 29, 3:40*pm, smudger28

> > > wrote:
> > > Hi Guys

> > > I'm a complete novice to wine making and have a real excess of Rhubarb
> > > this year that I'm tempted to make some wine.

> > > Please could someone post a recipe to make 25l of wine?

> > > I have seen this one but not sure to what quantity it will make...

> > > 6-7 lbs red rhubarb
> > > 2-1/2 lbs finely granulated sugar
> > > 2 large lemons (juice only)
> > > water to make up one gallon
> > > 1 crushed Campden tablet
> > > 1 oz precipitated chalk
> > > 1-1/2 tsp yeast nutrient
> > > Sauterne wine yeast

> > > Thanks

> I Just ran across an ebook for making your own wine, it has lots of
> recipes, I am sure there was one for rhubarb since there were over 190
> recipes.http://cabernetvineyards.org/categor...your-own-wine/
>

> > > Paul

> > > --
> > > smudger28

> > That looks like one of Jack Keller's one gallon recipes. *25l is
> > roughly 6 1/2 gallons, so multiply the ingredients by 6.5.

> > Stephen

I'd rather scale up Jack Keller's recipe than pay for an ebook when
the recipes are all out there anyway...
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Jul 3, 1:11*am, jim c > wrote:
> On Jul 2, 5:25*pm, Retta > wrote:
>

> > On Jun 30, 5:20*am, shbailey > wrote:

> > > On Jun 29, 3:40*pm, smudger28

> > I Just ran across an ebook for making your own wine, it has lots of
> > recipes, I am sure there was one for rhubarb since there were over 190
> > recipes.http://cabernetvineyards.org/categor...your-own-wine/

> > > That looks like one of Jack Keller's one gallon recipes. *25l is
> > > roughly 6 1/2 gallons, so multiply the ingredients by 6.5.

> > > Stephen

> I'd rather scale up Jack Keller's recipe than pay for an ebook when
> the recipes are all out there anyway...

Well, I don't mind paying for something I will use, that someone else
has gone to the trouble of already doing the research on. Time is
money, and my money is better spent buying a product rather than
spending hours and hours tracking down info.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Jul 3, 6:01*pm, Retta > wrote:
> On Jul 3, 1:11*am, jim c > wrote:

> > > I Just ran across an ebook for making your own wine, it has lots of
> > > recipes, I am sure there was one for rhubarb since there were over 190
> > > recipes.http://cabernetvineyards.org/categor...your-own-wine/

> > I'd rather scale up Jack Keller's recipe than pay for an ebook when
> > the recipes are all out there anyway...

> Well, I don't mind paying for something I will use, that someone else
> has gone to the trouble of already doing the research on. *Time is
> money, and my money is better spent buying a product rather than
> spending hours and hours tracking down info.

Jack Keller has tons of recipes for just about any kind of wine you
could possibly think of, as well as background info and tips - for
free.

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/recipes.asp
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/request.asp

Rhubarb wine - and something else, please! John Vanini Winemaking 4 29-09-2007 06:21 AM
Rhubarb wine recipe? Jan Flora Winemaking 3 25-07-2005 10:10 PM
Rhubarb wine John Hopwood Winemaking 14 24-08-2004 01:33 PM
rhubarb wine...... Andy j. Winemaking 7 10-06-2004 03:27 PM
Rhubarb wine Dan Winemaking 0 05-10-2003 11:56 PM