Jan Flora

Default Rhubarb wine recipe?

Please forgive me for jumping into your newsgroup
like this, but I've searched the web for a good
rhubarb wine recipe, and haven't found anything that
sounds any good.

Does anyone have a recipe they'd be willing to share
or a website that I should go read?

Thanks,

Jan, in Alaska

--
The way to a man's heart is between the fourth and the fifth rib.
Dar V

Hello, Jack has a recipe for rhubarb wine on his site
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/index.asp . I have modified it to match my
what I like. So, take a look at his recipe and see what you think...I'll be
glad to share what I do differently, but if this is your first try you
should start with a solid basic recipe.
Darlene

"Jan Flora" > wrote in message
> Please forgive me for jumping into your newsgroup
> like this, but I've searched the web for a good
> rhubarb wine recipe, and haven't found anything that
> sounds any good.
>
> Does anyone have a recipe they'd be willing to share
> or a website that I should go read?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jan, in Alaska
>
> --
> The way to a man's heart is between the fourth and the fifth rib.

A. J. Rawls

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 00:45:32 -0800, Jan Flora >
wrote:

>Please forgive me for jumping into your newsgroup
>like this, but I've searched the web for a good
>rhubarb wine recipe, and haven't found anything that
>sounds any good.
>
>Does anyone have a recipe they'd be willing to share
>or a website that I should go read?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jan, in Alaska

Hi Jan...

I suggest this one:

http://www.brewerylane.com/wine/reci...barb_wine.html

I made some and would be proud to have you "taste" a few... Gve me a
yell next time you come to Anchorage.
My Strawberry-Rhubarb took best of division in the Palmer State Fair
last year.

A.J.
Ray Calvert

Goodness, how could you jump into our group with an on topic question. ;o)
That is what this group is for. Just don't be a stranger in the future and
bring all your winemaking questions here. We have those who are first
timer's and those who are commercial winemakers.

I only made rhubarb once and was not pleased with it. But then rhubarb is
not native to south Texas so that is my problem. Listen to those who have
made it and follow Jack's advise on his site.

Ray

"Jan Flora" > wrote in message
> Please forgive me for jumping into your newsgroup
> like this, but I've searched the web for a good
> rhubarb wine recipe, and haven't found anything that
> sounds any good.
>
> Does anyone have a recipe they'd be willing to share
> or a website that I should go read?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jan, in Alaska
>
> --
> The way to a man's heart is between the fourth and the fifth rib.

Newbie to wine - Rhubarb Recipe smudger28 Winemaking 5 04-07-2010 08:29 PM
Rhubarb wine - and something else, please! John Vanini Winemaking 4 29-09-2007 06:21 AM
Rhubarb wine John Hopwood Winemaking 14 24-08-2004 01:33 PM
rhubarb wine...... Andy j. Winemaking 7 10-06-2004 03:27 PM
Rhubarb wine Dan Winemaking 0 05-10-2003 11:56 PM