reply@grouponly

Default Ping: Rodger or NG (Nervous Newbie Asks)

Greetings,

I'm now on to what my kit calls Stage #3; Stabilizing.
So I've stirred added the pkgs. of metabisulfite and sorbate
(and stired vigourously) and then added my pkg. of chitosan
(and stirred vigourously some more). OK to all that.

Later that day I noticed that instead of sediment being
visible only at the bottom of the carboy, there are now
bazillions of tiny bits on the walls of the carboy. I understand
that a major part of this stage is trying to clear the wine.
I followed the instructions as written. I've never read that
sediment adheres to the walls. I thought maybe the carboy
had taken on some static charge that was retarding the
process of sending all that sediment to the bottom.
Any feedback would be welcome.

Accept my thanks in advance,

Andrew
JD

Dont worry about it. Once the wine is almost clear (should be pretty
quick for a kit) I would rack it once more, then once more just
before filtering/bottling.

JD