Bonaquisti

Default Crusher/Destemmers - which is best?

Hello all,

I know it is early, but wanted to ask the more seasoned pro's on the group
which brand of crusher/destemmer is the best one to buy and why? This is a
major league investment for me, and I am looking at purchasing the Eno 3m-ps
crusher destemmer from St. Pat's of Texas, but know nothing of it's quality or
durability. It seems to have alot of features that others don't (such as
rubber rollers) and the price seems to be pretty good. The shipping to NY is
expensive though at $160.00...

So, if anyone can help from personal experience with this or other machines, I
would greatly appreciate it!
Best wishes and TIA,
Paul Bonacquisti
MikeMTM

Paul,

I have an Eno-3-S, the same as you're interested in, but all stainless,
& without the motor. Also from St. Pat's.
I think it's a well made machine, and I've had no problems with it. I
don't really need the motor for the amount of grapes I grow (50 vines),
but I think the SS will last a lot longer, especially around acid. Do
consider the stand & chute, though. It makes things a lot easier. Or you
can do as I did and use two sawhorses & bend your own chute from a big
sheet of aluminum.

HTH, Mike MTM

Darwin Vander Stelt

I got one from beer beer & more beer in california and they have free
freight. http://www.morebeer.com/

the model number is WE273B and I'm pretty happy with it, have used it 2
years. I built a folding stand out of pine and a plastic wall panel and
fiberglassed it all. I'm not an expert but the only thing i have wondered
about was the nylon rollers. I notice the professional rigs use rubber
rollers. It eats the grapes about as fast as you can dump em in. Kinda
embarrasing to run your harvest equipment 30 minutes a year.(2 ton per hour
capacity) That's the difference between a hobby and real farming!

William Frazier

Bonaquisti wrote "I am looking at purchasing the Eno 3m-ps crusher
destemmer from St. Pat's of Texas, but know nothing of it's quality or
durability. It seems to have alot of features that others don't (such as
rubber rollers)"

Paul - I have St. Pats Eno crusher (no destemmer) with rubber rollers. I
don't like the rubber rollers. If I had it to do over I would opt for metal
rollers. I've had whole grapes get through the rollers and I routinely run
the grapes through the crusher two to three times before I'm satisfied with
the result. This doesn't take too much time because I'm working with 3 ro 4
hundred pounds of grapes and it's a hobby with me. Still, it doesn't seem
like it should be necessary.

Bill Frazier
Olathe, Kansas