paranoidandroid35

Default Wine Recipe wanted, anyone ?

Hi I'm looking for a recipe for Lime and Raisin wine. Not a kit though as I
want to make it from scratch.

Anyone know where I might find it or have one they would like to share ?

TIA

Negodki

"paranoidandroid35" > wrote:

> Hi I'm looking for a recipe for Lime and Raisin wine. Not a kit though as

> want to make it from scratch.
>
> Anyone know where I might find it or have one they would like to share ?

Here is a recipe for raisin wine.

4 lbs. Raisins
1 tsp. K2S205 10% solution, or 1 campden tablet
1 Tbs. Citric acid = 12 Tbs. Lemon Juice ~ 4 lemons
2/3 US gal. Water (2.5 quarts)
1 packet yeast
[yeast nutrient]
[pectic enzyme]

Put raisins, 2.5 qts. water, and K2S205 in a primary. Cover and let soak for
a week Check SG (different brands of raisins vary immensely in sugar
content). Add water or sugar until SG=1.095. Adjust TA to .65. Add yeast and
nutrient. Keep under airlock at 70ºF. Stir or shake daily. When ferment
slows down, transfer to secondary, and top up. Rack about a month after
fermentation ends, and every 2-3 months thereafter until clear.

Then, and only then, add your lime juice for flavoring, if you wish. In my
experience, lime will always cause a fermentation to stick.

Another note: Raisin wine must be aged for at least two years before it is
drinkable.

Ant

Lime Wine

=20

2 dozen limes=20

1lb raisins, chopped=20

4lbs sugar=20

1 gallon water=20

1 tsp yeast nutrient=20

wine yeast=20

Peel limes and set aside.=20

Place peels in fermenter.=20

Dissolve sugar in 2 quarts boiling water; pour over peelings and let =
stand for 24 hours.=20

Squeeze limes. Combine remaining 2 quarts water with raisins and lime =
juice.=20

Squeeze limes in a separate container.=20

Strain peel-water mixture into raisins and lime juice mixture and =
discard the peels; add yeast and nutrient,=20

and put entire mixture into fermenter. Ferment for 2 weeks, stirring =
daily.=20

Strain and pour into secondary fermenter.=20

Age for at least 8 months.

Stephen

"paranoidandroid35" > wrote in =
message ...

Recipe Wanted Jack Allen Preserving 1 15-08-2007 09:44 PM
Most wanted italian wine renny Wine 1 29-05-2007 10:38 PM
Recipe wanted Dick Adams Vegetarian cooking 2 04-09-2006 10:22 AM
Recipe wanted Dick Adams General Cooking 4 18-08-2006 05:41 AM
Dandelion Wine Recipe Wanted... Tim Winemaking 3 20-04-2004 01:17 AM