Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default what to know when purchasing a crusher destemmer

Hi folks. after too many years for crushing and destemming nearly 1500
lbs of grapes by hand, my friend and I have decided to buy an
automated stainless steel crusher destemmer. I noticed that there are
different versions out there, and some have variations such as
different shaped hoppers and such, but since this is going to cost us
about $1300 I wanted to get the input of the group as to whether there
was anything I should be thinking about before purchasing.
thanks
Marc
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Dec 30, 8:59*pm, wrote:
> Hi folks. after too many years for crushing and destemming nearly 1500
> lbs of grapes by hand, my friend and I have decided to buy an
> automated stainless steel crusher destemmer. *I noticed that there are
> different versions out there, and some have variations such as
> different shaped hoppers and such, but since this is going to cost us
> about $1300 I wanted to get the input of the group as to whether there
> was anything I should be thinking about before purchasing.
> thanks
> Marc

Marc,
I still do it by hand with an apple crusher, don't do that... The one
Presque Isle lends onsite works really well. I'm sure if you called
them they would tell you whose it is and give you pros and cons of
what is out there.

Joe