Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Best Grapes for Geographic Region

Hi all,

I have a new place in south central PA. (just west of Hanover). I have had
no luck in getting the Adams County Extension Office to return inquires, so
would anyone here know the best way to research what grapes grow best in my
area??

Thanks,

Glenn

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I'd check with Cornell. Try Google or . Or Double A
Vineyards in Fredonia, NY
http://www.rakgrape.com/

Dick

Glenn Meyers wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a new place in south central PA. (just west of Hanover). I have had
> no luck in getting the Adams County Extension Office to return inquires, so
> would anyone here know the best way to research what grapes grow best in my
> area??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Glenn

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On May 14, 11:00 pm, Dick Heckman > wrote:
> I'd check with Cornell. Try Google or . Or Double A
> Vineyards in Fredonia, NY http://www.rakgrape.com/
>
> Dick
>

> Glenn Meyers wrote:
> > Hi all,

> > I have a new place in south central PA. (just west of Hanover). I have had
> > no luck in getting the Adams County Extension Office to return inquires, so
> > would anyone here know the best way to research what grapes grow best in my
> > area??

> > Thanks,

> > Glenn- Hide quoted text -

Penn State has an Agronomy program; so does UVA. You may want to
contact Jason at for vine info in our region;
he sends out stuff on grape growing monthly. He isn't _very_ far from
you...

My first choice would also be Cornell but it's a lot colder up there;
they know the Northeast though.

Joe

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Glenn Meyers wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a new place in south central PA. (just west of Hanover). I have had
> no luck in getting the Adams County Extension Office to return inquires, so
> would anyone here know the best way to research what grapes grow best in my
> area??

You could see what the folks in the lower Susquehanna Region are growing
here...

http://www.pennsylvaniawine.com/wineries/index.asp

Steve