Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Introduction

Hello, my name is Jim Hall.. I've been butting in and posting a few
messages without first introducing myself so trying to catch up on that. I
made beer in the ninety's and used to take a keg to our quarterly employee
get together at work. Some of the women complained and said why don't you
make some wine so we can have something to drink too. Well that's what got
me started back in 1999. I used to read messages daily on this newsgroup
back then. In those days a guy by the name of Tom S. used to give great
advice on making Chardonnay and wine in general and there was a guy by the
name of Ed who was really sharp on red wines. He new all the math and
formulas. He used to sign his messages Prosit: Ed. Some of you probably
remember. I do see a couple of the people that posted back then still
posting today. Back then I would take and cut and paste messages on a
variety of subjects (for years) into varous MS Word documents for later
reference. Still use them today. About 2001 I stopped listening to this
newsgroup. Job promotions, growing children took up more time. Then last
May.. I pulled the pin and retired at the ripe old age of 60. So now I
have time to do all those things I enjoy.. Which of course includes reading
your messages on this newsgroup. Over the years, I've made Zinfandel,
Sangiovese, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot,
Craneberry, Elderberry, and Pomegranite wine. Well this year I'm also
making Apple wine from the local Cider works for the first time. Anyway
that's me.. No expert. Some experience and attitudes. I hope you won't
mind me adding my two cents from time to time.. -Jim

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

There's really no need to save posts from this or any other newsgroup.
Google has everything archived. If you access this group via
groups.google.com, you can search for old postings.

It appears that the "Ed" you are speaking of is Ed Goist. His last post
in this group was in January '03.

Greg G.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Jack Keller used to be a regular contributor too. He was an expert at
making fruit wines. Lived in Texas. I just checked. He still has his
website. So must still be kickin around...

http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/1172/request.html

Lum, of course, continues to give his advice as he did back then.. and
there's many others I'm sure..

As far as word docs. It's true I could just google them, but not nearly as
easy for me to retrieve as pulling up a word doc on the subject of interest
where I've saved the key info from several post'ers over time. Too each
their own, I guess..

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> There's really no need to save posts from this or any other newsgroup.
> Google has everything archived. If you access this group via
> groups.google.com, you can search for old postings.
>
> It appears that the "Ed" you are speaking of is Ed Goist. His last post
> in this group was in January '03.
>
> Greg G.

introduction wildflower General Cooking 6 27-02-2009 03:48 PM
An Introduction, Maybe? Glasswalker General Cooking 59 05-06-2007 04:18 PM
introduction Ed Johnson General Cooking 0 13-05-2007 10:21 PM
Introduction Ben Snyder Wine 74 01-09-2006 03:09 PM
Introduction Chase Pearson General 3 10-03-2005 01:33 AM