Old 03-06-2007, 11:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default An Introduction, Maybe?

Unsure as to whether or not to do this (seeing the distress of some other
posts), but here goes briefly...
Glasswalker
Upper East Tennessee, USA
Been cooking for almost 30 years now.
Recently remembered that Usenet has more than just binary groups.

Enjoys trying to come up with good Eastern European dishes but am probably
really ignorant on the subject.
Potatoes are always my back up (part Irish, so it's not my fault).

Hope to stay around and learn and share with everyone.

Thanks!
-Glasswalker-

Old 04-06-2007, 12:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Glasswalker wrote:
Unsure as to whether or not to do this (seeing the distress of some
other posts), but here goes briefly...
Glasswalker
Upper East Tennessee, USA
Been cooking for almost 30 years now.
Recently remembered that Usenet has more than just binary groups.

Enjoys trying to come up with good Eastern European dishes but am
probably really ignorant on the subject.
Potatoes are always my back up (part Irish, so it's not my fault).

Hope to stay around and learn and share with everyone.

Thanks!

Welcome - you helped me already today! It's a good group if you can
stand the heat at times.

Dora

Old 04-06-2007, 12:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Glasswalker" wrote in
news
Unsure as to whether or not to do this (seeing the distress of
some other posts), but here goes briefly...
Glasswalker
Upper East Tennessee, USA
Been cooking for almost 30 years now.
Recently remembered that Usenet has more than just binary
groups.

Enjoys trying to come up with good Eastern European dishes but
am probably really ignorant on the subject.
Potatoes are always my back up (part Irish, so it's not my
fault).

Hope to stay around and learn and share with everyone.

Thanks!
-Glasswalker-

Hi ya

It's a great group from the few months I read and posted here.

I wish I could keep up with all the great messages.

Welcome.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Glasswalker wrote:

Unsure as to whether or not to do this (seeing the distress of some
other posts), but here goes briefly... Glasswalker
Upper East Tennessee, USA
Been cooking for almost 30 years now.
Recently remembered that Usenet has more than just binary groups.

Enjoys trying to come up with good Eastern European dishes but am
probably really ignorant on the subject. Potatoes are always my back
up (part Irish, so it's not my fault).

Hope to stay around and learn and share with everyone.

Thanks!
-Glasswalker-

Welcome!

--
Dan Goodman
"You, each of you, have some special wild cards. Play with them.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Glasswalker wrote:
Unsure as to whether or not to do this (seeing the distress of some
other posts), but here goes briefly...
Glasswalker
Upper East Tennessee, USA
Been cooking for almost 30 years now.

"Hey There" from Georgia.
Have you seen the RFC webpage that ChattyCathy organizes?
http://www.recfoodcooking.org/index.html

Goomba

Old 04-06-2007, 01:28 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Not yet. I basically got back into Usenet after years of leaching from the
web interface with EasyNews. Felt like it was time to give something back.

I honestly don't remember how I stumbled across RFC. I'm glad I did,
though.

-Glasswalker-

"Goomba38" wrote in message
. ..

Old 04-06-2007, 01:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Glasswalker" wrote

Enjoys trying to come up with good Eastern European dishes but am probably
really ignorant on the subject.
Potatoes are always my back up (part Irish, so it's not my fault).

Hope to stay around and learn and share with everyone.

Hey, Glasswalker, nice to meet you.

nancy

Old 04-06-2007, 02:23 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Glasswalker wrote:
Not yet. I basically got back into Usenet after years of leaching from
the web interface with EasyNews. Felt like it was time to give
something back.

I honestly don't remember how I stumbled across RFC. I'm glad I did,
though.

One suggestion though- top posting is not the norm here in RFC.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 21:23:07 -0400, Goomba38
wrote:

Glasswalker wrote:
Not yet. I basically got back into Usenet after years of leaching from
the web interface with EasyNews. Felt like it was time to give
something back.

I honestly don't remember how I stumbled across RFC. I'm glad I did,
though.

One suggestion though- top posting is not the norm here in RFC.

Put your replies where you wish, but trim those posts!

--
See return address to reply by email
Old 04-06-2007, 02:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

One suggestion though- top posting is not the norm here in RFC.

Put your replies where you wish, but trim those posts!

Gotcha. Took me a minute to figure out what you meant by top posting.
-Glasswalker-

Old 04-06-2007, 03:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Glasswalker wrote:

-Glasswalker-

Hello, from Louisiana! Care to tell us how you got your name?

Becca
Old 04-06-2007, 03:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
KW KW is offline

"Glasswalker" wrote in message
news
Unsure as to whether or not to do this (seeing the distress of some other
posts), but here goes briefly...
Glasswalker
Upper East Tennessee, USA
Been cooking for almost 30 years now.
Recently remembered that Usenet has more than just binary groups.

Greetings and welcome from Extreme Upper East (Almost Tennessee AND North
Carolina) Georgia

Keith AKA KW

Old 04-06-2007, 03:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2007-06-04, Glasswalker wrote:

Gotcha. Took me a minute to figure out what you meant by top posting.

You trimmed!! Thank you and welcome aboard. Have you visited the website?

http://www.recfoodcooking.org/

nb
Old 04-06-2007, 03:51 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
J S J S is offline

New here too....seems like a nice group for food lovers like
myself....from the sunshine state...cheers,Smitty

Old 04-06-2007, 03:58 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

One suggestion though- top posting is not the norm here in RFC.

Put your replies where you wish

Don't listen to this bad advice.

Brian

won't shut up.

introduction wildflower General Cooking 6 27-02-2009 03:48 PM
New Guy Introduction [email protected] Sourdough 4 15-02-2008 08:47 AM
introduction Ed Johnson General Cooking 0 13-05-2007 10:21 PM
Introduction Ben Snyder Wine 74 01-09-2006 03:09 PM
Introduction Chase Pearson General 3 10-03-2005 01:33 AM