Nils Gustaf Lindgren

Default [TN] Ch d´Aiguilhe 1994

Hello;
I answer up to the implied challenge of Mark´s recent (and, as usual, very
good-natured) comment: in the absence of Dale and Bill it is up to us lesser
spirits to produce taste notes to a needy world ...
Where did we find this wine, really? Well, somewhere behind a paper box
under a bench in the cellar is the most up to date answer, but, before
that - wher did we buy it? Apaprently we paid 110.00 of the currency of
seller´s choice - possibly it was in the tax-free on the humble airport of
Sturup, meaning, it happened several years back (possibly c 2000).
Anyway.
[c] limpid, but with a decidedly brown edge on it.
[n] a whiff of very dark fruits, prunes ... what have you ... turns into
chocolate, and coffee, and stable, and more coffe ... and this particular
smell of pre-xerox stencil apparatus (the kind that gives you blue text) ...
[p] hits, but gently, with a very well mannered acidity that goes all the
way to the base of your tongue, but is balanced by a sweetness that is all
ripeness and none of young fruit. tannines are present, and fine-limbed but
intense.
This is all about maturity and style. If it were a poem, it would be a haiku
describing the splendour of the autumn leaves in the Emperor´s garden, while
mentioning the inevitability of winter in the last line.
Slightly like a Ribera del Duero (Hacienda Monasterio 1993) we tasted with
friends a couple of weeks ago.
According to google a very old chateau in côtes de castillon, east of St
Emilion. Can´t wait till we find the next bottle, somewhere behind a paper
box under a bench in the cellar.

Cheers

Nils Gustaf

--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se

Bi!!

Nils Gustaf Lindgren wrote:
> According to google a very old chateau in c=F4tes de castillon, east

of St
> Emilion. Can=B4t wait till we find the next bottle, somewhere behind a

paper
> box under a bench in the cellar.
>
> Cheers
>
> Nils Gustaf
>
> --
> Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se

I was at the winery last year. It's owned by the Stefan von Neipperg
group and made at the same winery that bottles La Mondotte, Canon La
Gaffeliere and Clos de Oratoire.

Nils Gustaf Lindgren

"Bi!!" > skrev i meddelandet
ps.com...

Nils Gustaf Lindgren wrote:
> According to google a very old chateau in côtes de castillon, east

of St
> Emilion. Can´t wait till we find the next bottle, somewhere behind a

paper
> box under a bench in the cellar.
>
> Cheers
>
> Nils Gustaf
>
> --
> Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se

I was at the winery last year. It's owned by the Stefan von Neipperg
group and made at the same winery that bottles La Mondotte, Canon La
Gaffeliere and Clos de Oratoire.

Hello,
Would you recommend a visit? Not that Bordeaux is in the plans for 2005,
still, some day, one day ...

Cheers

Nils Gustaf

--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se

Bi!!

Nils Gustaf Lindgren wrote:
> "Bi!!" > skrev i meddelandet
> ps.com...
>
> Nils Gustaf Lindgren wrote:
> > According to google a very old chateau in c=F4tes de castillon, east

> of St
> > Emilion. Can=B4t wait till we find the next bottle, somewhere behind

> paper
> > box under a bench in the cellar.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Nils Gustaf
> >
> > --
> > Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se

> I was at the winery last year. It's owned by the Stefan von Neipperg
> group and made at the same winery that bottles La Mondotte, Canon La
> Gaffeliere and Clos de Oratoire.
>
> Hello,
> Would you recommend a visit? Not that Bordeaux is in the plans for

2005,
> still, some day, one day ...
>
> Cheers
>
> Nils Gustaf

They're really not set up for visitors, there was no public tasting
room, we actually tasted the wines on a small table that was next to
the bottling line and they were bottling the La Mondotte when we were
there. I was there with a friend who was a personal friend of the wine
maker. It was all quite casual and he opened bottles of each of their
wines, La Mondotte Canon La Gaffliere, Clos d' Oratoire and d'
Aiguilhe. We tasted both the 2000 vintage and the 2001 which was just
being bottled. The Clos d' Oratoire actually showed the best on that
day the others being far too primary at that young age with explosive
fruit and tannins especially the 2000.

1999 Chateau D' Aiguilhe Bi!! Wine 0 16-11-2011 12:42 PM
TN: 2 Bdx, I Burg (Meyney, d'Aiguilhe, Lafarge) DaleW Wine 2 11-12-2007 08:27 AM
TN: 1994 Figeac DaleW Wine 2 19-12-2005 05:04 PM
TN: inexpensive Spansh wines, odd CC, Aiguilhe DaleW Wine 4 18-10-2005 07:31 PM
TN: '01 d'Aiguilhe, Latour Macon, big store tasting Dale Williams Wine 0 19-10-2004 03:33 PM