mary

Default Heady Spanish Wines

In a review of a restaurant the reviewer mentions that Spanish wine is
"headier when the food is spare." I am not exactly sure what he/she meant by
"headier." Is Spanish wine earthier, unsophisticated, heartier, unaged? I
have never drank Spanish wines, and was wondering what would be a good daily
wine that is "headier."

Thanks

Tom

Tom S

"mary" > wrote in message
> In a review of a restaurant the reviewer mentions that Spanish wine is
> "headier when the food is spare." I am not exactly sure what he/she meant
> by
> "headier." Is Spanish wine earthier, unsophisticated, heartier, unaged? I
> have never drank Spanish wines, and was wondering what would be a good
> daily
> wine that is "headier."

That sounds like a lot of bovine ordure to me. "Headier when the food is
spare"? That reads to me like "If you eat less you'll get drunk more
easily". Not exactly an astounding conclusion, is it?

FWIW, I find Spanish wines to be roughly similar to most of the rest of the
world's wines with respect to intoxication potential.

Tom S

Joe Zimmer

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:30:49 -0500, mary wrote:

> In a review of a restaurant the reviewer mentions that Spanish wine is
> "headier when the food is spare." I am not exactly sure what he/she meant by
> "headier." Is Spanish wine earthier, unsophisticated, heartier, unaged? I
> have never drank Spanish wines, and was wondering what would be a good daily
> wine that is "headier."
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

Maybe header was referring to the body, how it is more of a heavy wine.
Which I seem to find more in a Spanish wine.
Anders Tørneskog

"Mike Tommasi" > skrev i melding

> No, there is a clear and specificmeaning for "heady"

Yes, of course, but was it the meaning of the writer? He or she may not
have been English, or there was a poor translation?
Anders

enoavidh

"Anders Tørneskog" > wrote in news:vgmvd.7031
:

> "Mike Tommasi" > skrev i melding
>>
>> No, there is a clear and specificmeaning for "heady"
>>

> Yes, of course, but was it the meaning of the writer? He or she may not
> have been English, or there was a poor translation?
> Anders

Actually, here's the article:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04345/424317.stm

Bascially, the premise is that the reviewer seems to be whoever is
available that week, therefore unnamed. The reviews tend to be ethnic
and/or inexpensive, but interesting, restaurants and bars. Diners are
popular.
Beer is mentioned much more than wine in the reviews...especially craft
beers.
I have no idea what Munch is talking about, except perhaps
poetic/journalistic license
de

enoavidh

"Anders Tørneskog" > wrote in news:vgmvd.7031
:

> "Mike Tommasi" > skrev i melding
>>
>> No, there is a clear and specificmeaning for "heady"
>>

> Yes, of course, but was it the meaning of the writer? He or she may not
> have been English, or there was a poor translation?
> Anders

Actually, here's the article:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04345/424317.stm

Bascially, the premise is that the reviewer seems to be whoever is
available that week, therefore unnamed. The reviews tend to be ethnic
and/or inexpensive, but interesting, restaurants and bars. Diners are
popular.
Beer is mentioned much more than wine in the reviews...especially craft
beers.
I have no idea what Munch is talking about, except perhaps
poetic/journalistic license
de

TN: Greek, French, and Spanish wines DaleW Wine 0 02-08-2012 08:33 PM
Has anyone tasted these Spanish wines? cwdjrxyz Wine 7 12-12-2008 01:34 PM
WTN: 3 French wines, 1 Spanish DaleW Wine 5 29-11-2007 01:59 AM
Spanish Wines Kamakazee Wine 11 26-09-2007 08:55 PM
TN: Spanish wines in Scarsdale DaleW Wine 13 19-07-2006 09:40 AM