Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Mt Veeder, Finger Lakes, Chianti, Chablis, Pessac-Leognan

Betsy made bucatini all'Amatriciana and salad, I opened the 2018 Montesecondo Chianti Classico. Young, rich, bright and balanced acids. Black and red cherry, rose petals, leather. B+/A-

Rack of lamb, ramp/asparagus risotto, and the 1989 Domaine de Chevalier rouge. Still a bit of oak, but integrated. Red and black fruits, leather, and those mocha oak notes. Good length. B+

Oysters, scallops, and leftover risotto. The 2019 Piuze Terroir de la Chapelle Chablis
Pear, citrus, soil notes. Now that pandemic easing Id love to put together of all the Piuze village terroir wines side by side. B+/B

I thought I had missed out on shad roe this spring, but surprised to find some at market this weekend, grabbed the last one, sauteed in bacon fat. I usually love the Eminence Road Farm wines, but the 2019 Eminence Road Farm Folts Farm Cabernet Franc Rose left me a bit cold. Dark, almost like a light red, cloudy, modest strawberry fruit, theres a funky/wet fut note along with a lifted note I cant identify. A little clipped. Unsure if sound bottle (recent purchase), C+
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 5/11/21 3:48 PM, wrote:

> Sheet pan vegetable Bibimbop, with our Zoom wine, the 2013 Sky Zinfandel (Mt Veeder). My first try with this producer I think, though apparently around for a while. Restrained style, dark berry fruit and a little underbrush, I think blind I might have thought Northern Rhone. Good acids, moderate alcohol, very tasty. B=/B

Was that recipe a NYT recipe? It sounds interesting. Regarding the
wine: John Gilman says to drink it from 2023-2035, you babykiller! :P
I've got two bottles of it, purchased from a Crush offer in 2019,
perhaps the same source for your bottle(s). Do you think it'll benefit
from any more time in the bottle?

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 5:09:49 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
> On 5/11/21 3:48 PM, wrote:
>
> > Sheet pan vegetable Bibimbop, with our Zoom wine, the 2013 Sky Zinfandel (Mt Veeder). My first try with this producer I think, though apparently around for a while. Restrained style, dark berry fruit and a little underbrush, I think blind I might have thought Northern Rhone. Good acids, moderate alcohol, very tasty. B=/B

> Was that recipe a NYT recipe? It sounds interesting. Regarding the
> wine: John Gilman says to drink it from 2023-2035, you babykiller! :P
> I've got two bottles of it, purchased from a Crush offer in 2019,
> perhaps the same source for your bottle(s). Do you think it'll benefit
> from any more time in the bottle?
>
> Mark Lipton

Yes, NYT recipe, and very good
I hadn't seen John's note, Mark G (also a friend of John) sourced from Posner (Grapes the Wine Co) I believe. Something like $21. Good value

[FAQ] 3i. NY Finger Lakes? Mark Lipton Wine 11 16-11-2006 08:44 PM
Pessac-Leognan Notes Bill S. Wine 1 10-09-2006 08:31 PM
Finger Lakes recommendations? kstrueh Wine 7 10-01-2005 02:56 AM
Finger Lakes Juice Tim McNally Winemaking 0 03-10-2004 05:46 PM
Restaurants Finger Lakes? Henry B. Restaurants 4 29-05-2004 04:15 AM