Posted to alt.food.wine
[email protected] dalewilli...@gmail.com is offline

Default TN: Mt Veeder, Finger Lakes, Chianti, Chablis, Pessac-Leognan

Betsy made bucatini all'Amatriciana and salad, I opened the 2018 Montesecondo Chianti Classico. Young, rich, bright and balanced acids. Black and red cherry, rose petals, leather. B+/A-

Rack of lamb, ramp/asparagus risotto, and the 1989 Domaine de Chevalier rouge. Still a bit of oak, but integrated. Red and black fruits, leather, and those mocha oak notes. Good length. B+

Oysters, scallops, and leftover risotto. The 2019 Piuze Terroir de la Chapelle Chablis
Pear, citrus, soil notes. Now that pandemic easing Id love to put together of all the Piuze village terroir wines side by side. B+/B

I thought I had missed out on shad roe this spring, but surprised to find some at market this weekend, grabbed the last one, sauteed in bacon fat. I usually love the Eminence Road Farm wines, but the 2019 Eminence Road Farm Folts Farm Cabernet Franc Rose left me a bit cold. Dark, almost like a light red, cloudy, modest strawberry fruit, theres a funky/wet fut note along with a lifted note I cant identify. A little clipped. Unsure if sound bottle (recent purchase), C+