Old 12-05-2021, 12:25 AM posted to alt.food.wine
[email protected] dalewilli...@gmail.com is offline

Default TN: Mt Veeder, Finger Lakes, Chianti, Chablis, Pessac-Leognan

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 5:09:49 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
On 5/11/21 3:48 PM, wrote:

Sheet pan vegetable Bibimbop, with our Zoom wine, the 2013 Sky Zinfandel (Mt Veeder). My first try with this producer I think, though apparently around for a while. Restrained style, dark berry fruit and a little underbrush, I think blind I might have thought Northern Rhone. Good acids, moderate alcohol, very tasty. B=/B

Was that recipe a NYT recipe? It sounds interesting. Regarding the
wine: John Gilman says to drink it from 2023-2035, you babykiller! :P
I've got two bottles of it, purchased from a Crush offer in 2019,
perhaps the same source for your bottle(s). Do you think it'll benefit
from any more time in the bottle?

Mark Lipton

Yes, NYT recipe, and very good
I hadn't seen John's note, Mark G (also a friend of John) sourced from Posner (Grapes the Wine Co) I believe. Something like $21. Good value