Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2010 Louis Latour Chateau Corton Grancey GC

We are preparing to downsize so I was doing an inventory in my cellar to decide what to do with it. I stumbled across a case of 2010 Louis Latour Corton Grancey Grand Cru. This is a blend of Latour Grand Cru holding in Corton that I had never tasted before and was a gift from a dear friend who passed away last year. We had some grilled Guinea fowl and morels so I popped a bottle. A tad light in color with no bricking but a medium ruby in hue. Crystal clear and translucent. Nose of mushrooms, a bit of chalky soil and dried red cherries with a hint of currant and anise. Smooth on the palate. Medium body with a fresh acidity typical of Corton. Cherries, red berries, exotic spices,on the palate with moderate yet firm tannins. Prettynice juice.