Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN Corton-Charlemagne 1992, Domaine Louis Latour

The Corton-Charlemagne 1992, Domaine Louis Latour, was stored properly
since release.The fill was very high and the cork was sound. The color
was bright light lemon with no trace of browning. It is a big wine,
but now smoothed with ample acidity. There are hints of grapefruit and
considerable mineral, flinty character. The finish is very long.
Considerable complexity has developed with age. Although it is not
quite as big and complex as Latour's 1976, it is a top wine and not
far behind.

Latour is a large firm and makes a wide range of wine both from their
own domaines and from purchased grapes or wine. Often their top red
wines are bettered by those from others. However they can be near the
top with their top domaine whites. I would say their domaine Corton-
Charlemagne and Chevalier-Montrachet are their top wines, and which of
these is best depends on the year and personal taste. They have also
sold a bit of Le Montrachet for a long time. In the past it was bought
from others and could be very good, although I usually could name a
better Le Montrachet from other sources in most years.

The cork pleased the parrot very well. He wasted no time in licking it
and grinding it up into small pieces.

__________________________________

http://wineFAQ.hostexcellence.com/

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mar 6, 10:01?pm, "cwdjrxyz" > wrote:
> The Corton-Charlemagne 1992, Domaine Louis Latour, was stored properly
> since release.The fill was very high and the cork was sound. The color
> was bright light lemon with no trace of browning. It is a big wine,
> but now smoothed with ample acidity. There are hints of grapefruit and
> considerable mineral, flinty character. The finish is very long.
> Considerable complexity has developed with age. Although it is not
> quite as big and complex as Latour's 1976, it is a top wine and not
> far behind.
>
> Latour is a large firm and makes a wide range of wine both from their
> own domaines and from purchased grapes or wine. Often their top red
> wines are bettered by those from others. However they can be near the
> top with their top domaine whites. I would say their domaine Corton-
> Charlemagne and Chevalier-Montrachet are their top wines, and which of
> these is best depends on the year and personal taste. They have also
> sold a bit of Le Montrachet for a long time. In the past it was bought
> from others and could be very good, although I usually could name a
> better Le Montrachet from other sources in most years.
>
> The cork pleased the parrot very well. He wasted no time in licking it
> and grinding it up into small pieces.
>
> __________________________________
>
> http://wineFAQ.hostexcellence.com/

Thanks for notes.
Mature GC/1er white Burg can be glorious. With recent oxidation
problems reported, I'm afraid that I'm leery of buying white B to
cellar though. For now I'm drinking young.

Thanks for parrot report. We've discovered Basset Hounds prefer red
wine corks.

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article .com>,
"DaleW" > wrote:

> On Mar 6, 10:01?pm, "cwdjrxyz" > wrote:
> > The Corton-Charlemagne 1992, Domaine Louis Latour, was stored properly
> > since release.The fill was very high and the cork was sound. The color
> > was bright light lemon with no trace of browning. It is a big wine,
> > but now smoothed with ample acidity. There are hints of grapefruit and
> > considerable mineral, flinty character. The finish is very long.
> > Considerable complexity has developed with age. Although it is not
> > quite as big and complex as Latour's 1976, it is a top wine and not
> > far behind.
> >
> > Latour is a large firm and makes a wide range of wine both from their
> > own domaines and from purchased grapes or wine. Often their top red
> > wines are bettered by those from others. However they can be near the
> > top with their top domaine whites. I would say their domaine Corton-
> > Charlemagne and Chevalier-Montrachet are their top wines, and which of
> > these is best depends on the year and personal taste. They have also
> > sold a bit of Le Montrachet for a long time. In the past it was bought
> > from others and could be very good, although I usually could name a
> > better Le Montrachet from other sources in most years.
> >
> > The cork pleased the parrot very well. He wasted no time in licking it
> > and grinding it up into small pieces.
> >
> > __________________________________
> >
> > http://wineFAQ.hostexcellence.com/

> Thanks for notes.
> Mature GC/1er white Burg can be glorious. With recent oxidation
> problems reported, I'm afraid that I'm leery of buying white B to
> cellar though. For now I'm drinking young.
>
> Thanks for parrot report. We've discovered Basset Hounds prefer red
> wine corks.

Our cat seems to prefer the corks from dessert wines but will bat around
almost any cork except those from wines that don't get rated higher than
a C+. She has standards.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mar 7, 10:22?am, Lawrence Leichtman > wrote:
> In article .com>,
>
> Our cat seems to prefer the corks from dessert wines but will bat around
> almost any cork except those from wines that don't get rated higher than
> a C+. She has standards.- Hide quoted text -

My friend Arv also has a Basset. Arv had a bag of corks after a
cabernet dinner, Lena nosed around and removed the Harlan. Lucy once
ran into yard and chewed up and swallowed the cork from an '83 Cheval.
Hounds with expensive tastes!