Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2010 Louis M. Martini Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley

2010 Louis M. Martini Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley ****(*)

An interesting wine. In denmark it costs 34$ which is hte same as Raymond Napa Cab, and less then Beringer Knights Valley (which is the best cheapest napa cab I can get here at 47$. ( this is last year's currency exchange, as the new one skews it a lot).

OK , on to the wine and why I found it interesting:

It hits the right notes as a napa cab, which is rare to find here. dark fruit, spicy, earthiness, a bit of licorice the first day, some tobacco. Lacking in sandy/grainy tannins that I LOVE. ok, its not a 100$ reserve cab, I get it. Upon opening it is mostly cherry, but underlying black berry. Not "dissolved broken down berries that I love on reserve cabs. But the second day, is where it really gets interesting.

On second day it reminds me more of Guigal's Cote Rotie Brune. Yes, thats right. When I had that Guigal I was disappointed as it didnt taste north rhone to me, but more cali cab style. So this is where the ends meet!. It has a meaty savoury taste to it on the second day! Cherry note is gone (thankfully!) Tannins are a bit grainier (thankfully!) finish is long, and ends on vanilla. This is really yummy. Like drinking sweet yummy veals blood barrigue, with black berries and spiced with vanilla, cloves, and cigar. amzing PQR. Blood flavour is something I normally attribute to bordeaux.