Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 2006 Chassagne 1ers with and without TCA, 2 2013 roses

Betsy's mom went home, and Dave left for Copenhagen for a month, just the two of us for dinner- lobster, a rice/quinoa combo, salad, and a white Burgundy. The first bottle, the
2006 JN Gagnard "Morgeots" Chassagne-Montrachet, was as corked as corked gets. It's sister, the 2006 JN Gagnard "Caillerets" Chassagne-Montrachet 1er, tried to make up for it. Full, ripe with that 2006 tropical edge, but some mineral and chalk. Decent acids, large framed without being blowsy. No sign of PremOx. B+

Thursday Thai accented roast chicken, roast vegetables, bok choy with lemongrass/chili oil, brown rice, and the 2013 Baronne du Chatelard Beaujolais Rose. Sweet strawberries, modest acids, somewhat flat and empty. I don't want bulky rose, but I like to know something is in glass. C+/B-

Friday was leftover chicken, I went with a "do over" on the rose. OK, the 2013 Arnot-Roberts "Luchsinger Vineyard" Touriga Nacional Rose is more like it. Strawberries, peppery spice, a basil-y green topnote. Good acids, nice finish. B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

2006 Bernard Moreau Chassagne Montrachet "Champs Gain" 1er Bi!! Wine 2 12-03-2010 12:24 AM
TN: Chassagne with lobster DaleW Wine 13 15-10-2009 04:48 PM
TN: '06 Jadot Chassagne DaleW Wine 0 09-01-2009 07:34 PM
TN: red Chassagne with somewhat Russian food DaleW Wine 0 25-08-2008 03:12 PM
TN: GruVe, Margaux AC, Chassagne DaleW Wine 0 23-02-2006 07:01 PM