Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2006 Bernard Moreau Chassagne Montrachet "Champs Gain" 1er

I found two bottles of Bernad Moreau Chassagne Montrachet Champs Gain
on sale for $36. I made fresh grilled Gulf Pink shrimp last night (a
benefit of being on Marco Island Florida) with a little pasta in a
lemon buerre blanc so I opened one of them. Nice nose of fresh
pineapple a bit of tropical fruits and citrus. Very ripe on the
palate with lush peach and pineapple notes but a strong citrus finish
framed with a fair amount of chalky minerality. Overall a pretty nice
wine made even better by a good price. "A-"
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Bi!!" > wrote in news:ff25820d-2f2b-4f67-832d-6226d9460f62
@o3g2000yqb.googlegroups.com:

> I found two bottles of Bernad Moreau Chassagne Montrachet Champs Gain
> on sale for $36. I made fresh grilled Gulf Pink shrimp last night (a
> benefit of being on Marco Island Florida) with a little pasta in a
> lemon buerre blanc so I opened one of them. Nice nose of fresh
> pineapple a bit of tropical fruits and citrus. Very ripe on the
> palate with lush peach and pineapple notes but a strong citrus finish
> framed with a fair amount of chalky minerality. Overall a pretty nice
> wine made even better by a good price. "A-"

Bernard Moreau is a very good Chassagne producer, quite under the radar,
who makes excellent wines at excellent prices. I have yet to be
dissapointed by one of his wines. His basic Chassagne villages is an
excellent wine year in - year out.

s.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mar 11, 2:39�pm, santiago > wrote:
> "Bi!!" > wrote in news:ff25820d-2f2b-4f67-832d-6226d9460f62
> @o3g2000yqb.googlegroups.com:
>
> > I found two bottles of Bernad Moreau Chassagne Montrachet Champs Gain
> > on sale for $36. �I made fresh grilled Gulf Pink shrimp last night (a
> > benefit of being on Marco Island Florida) with a little pasta in a
> > lemon buerre blanc so I opened one of them. �Nice nose of fresh
> > pineapple a bit of tropical fruits and citrus. �Very ripe on the
> > palate with lush peach and pineapple notes but a strong citrus finish
> > framed with a fair amount of chalky minerality. �Overall a pretty nice
> > wine made even better by a good price. "A-"

> Bernard Moreau is a very good Chassagne producer, quite under the radar,
> who makes excellent wines at excellent prices. I have yet to be
> dissapointed by one of his wines. His basic Chassagne villages is an
> excellent wine year in - year out.
>
> s.

I have drank his wines before and I always thought that he delivered a
lot of quality at a fair price point but this bottle was really
extraordinary regardless of the price which is what makes it such a
joy to find these kind of wines. I have a hard time finding his wines
locally but "The Sorting Table" (they are Dujac's importers also) is
his importer into the States and they usually do pretty good job of
distribution so I try to find more of his wines.