Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: red Chassagne with somewhat Russian food

We went to Riverdale late yesterday afternoon to visit some orchestral
colleagues of Betsy's. A little nibble of figs and chevre accompanied
by an inventive cocktail (juice from boiling plums, iced and with
limoncello and rum). Then we went for a long walk around neighborhood.
Back at the apartment, we sat down to a nice dinner (chicken, bulgur,
beets, plum sauce, eggplant, salad- Jenny is Russian and recipes were
a combo of Russian, Georgian, and creative). I had brought the wine,
the 2002 Jean Noel Gagnard " Morgeot" Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru
(rouge).

A little sharp at first, but mellowed quickly. Red raspberry and
cherry, a bit of damp soil, a touch of spice. Vibrant acidity, nice
length. Not showing as rustic as some red Chassagnes, there's
actually a hint of elegance.
Could use a little more concentration, but nice for what it is. B+/B

*

TN: Chassagne with lobster DaleW Wine 13 15-10-2009 04:48 PM
TN: '06 Jadot Chassagne DaleW Wine 0 09-01-2009 08:34 PM
Hi everybody who are interested in cooking Russian food silvershadedBRI General Cooking 1 29-05-2007 06:00 AM
Online Russian book on cracker production. (in Russian) Ron Sourdough 0 19-08-2005 03:56 PM
Russian Vodka-Can you read Russian? BFSON Wine 4 11-06-2004 02:43 AM