Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Does wine also have different types of astringency?

http://www.teanerd.com/2007/04/astri...ld-of-tea.html
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Hmmm not sure. How is astringency measured? Or would that be stringency perhaps? What is a stringency? How do Franzia Chillable Red stack up? MD 20/20? Boones Farm etc? Thanks.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 4/1/2013 7:49 PM, bigwheel wrote:
> greg lee;1825039 Wrote:
>> 'Tea Nerd: Astringency: The Red-Headed Stepchild of Tea's Flavors'
>> (http://tinyurl.com/cfyh9wy)

> Hmmm not sure. How is astringency measured? Or would that be stringency
> perhaps? What is a stringency? How do Franzia Chillable Red stack up? MD
> 20/20? Boones Farm etc? Thanks.

I guess "stringent" and "astringent" are related. Tho' that relationship
is not discussed, what do people make of the Dictionary at
http://www.vinology.com/dictionary/ ?

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Silverton[_4_] View Post
greg lee;1825039 Wrote:
'Tea Nerd: Astringency: The Red-Headed Stepchild of Tea's Flavors'
(Tea Nerd: Astringency: The Red-Headed Stepchild of Tea's Flavors)

Hmmm not sure. How is astringency measured? Or would that be stringency
perhaps? What is a stringency? How do Franzia Chillable Red stack up? MD
20/20? Boones Farm etc? Thanks.

I guess "stringent" and "astringent" are related. Tho' that relationship
is not discussed, what do people make of the Dictionary at
Wine Phrase Glossary and Definitions ?

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.
Dont think I seen that one before. Have you tried Wikki? They are purty kooky left wingers but have accurate info on some stuff which do not involve the Religion of Evolutionsism..*** marriage..abortion etc. Sure they have wine factoids most likely.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Stringent: Strict, logical
Astringent: Puckering, contracting agent/chemical compund - in wine usually
tannins
Anders

Astringency chills Space Cowboy Tea 2 10-11-2010 05:57 PM
Astringency / Other John F[_2_] Winemaking 4 04-01-2008 01:16 AM
Why "astringency" feels stronger in a hot tea? SN Tea 5 15-08-2007 08:00 PM
More astringency needed! Web Williams Winemaking 9 16-04-2004 02:17 AM
What are the Different Types of Wine VIJAY Wine 6 09-12-2003 07:08 PM