Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Astringency chills

I opened a box of Dan Cong expecting to find the tea shrink wrapped
with nitrogen like most other Chinese teas. If nothing else you can
expect freshness. It came in a zip lock bag. Its been awhile since
Ive had DC. If it had an aroma it is gone. What is left is a mild
astringency which makes you think you have a fever. Its like when you
drink alka seltzer. Very much enjoyable in its own way. I do
remember DC leaf which is impressive as any wild leaf from Yunnan. The
smallest leaf is over an inch long often approaching two with big
veins. It reminds me of webbing in duck feet. It was perfect with
the first snow fall of the season.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Space Cowboy > writes:

>I opened a box of Dan Cong expecting to find the tea shrink wrapped
>with nitrogen like most other Chinese teas.

Dancong doesn't get shrink-wrapped because that would crush the leaves.
Shrink wrapping is OK for tightly fisted leaves only.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Good point. Only bags and jars previously. I recently got some
delicate big leaf pouchong from Taiwan that was vacuum packed in tin
foil packaging with the crinkles. Every tea vendor in Taiwan packages
teas that way from what I was told recently. In a way I think there
would be a certain amount of breakage from loose long leaf.
Especially from someone like me who cant resist squeezing a bag of tea
like the Charmin or ending at the bottom of something in shipping..

Jim