Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN]] In praise of dry Riesling ('10 Gobelsburg)

On Monday, we decided to get some Thai takeout for dinner and, with it,
we opened:

2010 Schloss Gobelsburg Riesling Kamptal
nose: ripe apples, peaches, stones
palate: dry, lightweight, crisp acidity

From the nose, I would swear that it was an off-dry or sweet Riesling,
so perfumed was it. On the palate, however, there was no trace of
sweetness though it was by no means austere. Really lovely and a great
match for the Thai food.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 1:23:30 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
> On Monday, we decided to get some Thai takeout for dinner and, with it,
>
> we opened:
>

> 2010 Schloss Gobelsburg Riesling Kamptal
>
> nose: ripe apples, peaches, stones
>
> palate: dry, lightweight, crisp acidity
>

> From the nose, I would swear that it was an off-dry or sweet Riesling,
>
> so perfumed was it. On the palate, however, there was no trace of
>
> sweetness though it was by no means austere. Really lovely and a great
>
> match for the Thai food.
>

> Mark Lipton
>
> --
>
> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

I should find some, very steady producer, thanks
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 9/26/12 8:19 PM, DaleW wrote:

> I should find some, very steady producer, thanks

One curious thing that you might be able to shed light onto, Dale: when
I went to delete the wine from CT, I saw that it was filed under the
"Gobelsburger" Riesling, but the label shown didn't match mine. Mine
clearly said "Kamptal" on the bottom of the front, which appears to have
been true on the Gobelsburger bottling up until 2008 or so. Alas, I've
already recycled the bottle so can't check what's going on.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:19:04 AM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
> On 9/26/12 8:19 PM, DaleW wrote:
>

> > I should find some, very steady producer, thanks

> One curious thing that you might be able to shed light onto, Dale: when
>
> I went to delete the wine from CT, I saw that it was filed under the
>
> "Gobelsburger" Riesling, but the label shown didn't match mine. Mine
>
> clearly said "Kamptal" on the bottom of the front, which appears to have
>
> been true on the Gobelsburger bottling up until 2008 or so. Alas, I've
>
> already recycled the bottle so can't check what's going on.
>

> Mark Lipton
>

> --
>
> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Unsure. The CT labels look like what I remember (don't remember if Kamptal was prominent). I actually have bought more of the Gobelsburger GV
Posted to alt.food.wine

The estate uses three different labels...
There is a 'Schloss Gobelsburg' label, a 'Gobelsburger' label and a 'Domäne
Gobelsburg' label.
The first one seems to be for their single vineyard bottlings so I'd guess
it is a sort of descending order with generic wines at the end (but these
are pretty good too!)
hth
Anders

"DaleW" wrote in message

On Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:19:04 AM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
> On 9/26/12 8:19 PM, DaleW wrote:
>

> > I should find some, very steady producer, thanks

> One curious thing that you might be able to shed light onto, Dale: when
>
> I went to delete the wine from CT, I saw that it was filed under the
>
> "Gobelsburger" Riesling, but the label shown didn't match mine. Mine
>
> clearly said "Kamptal" on the bottom of the front, which appears to have
>
> been true on the Gobelsburger bottling up until 2008 or so. Alas, I've
>
> already recycled the bottle so can't check what's going on.
>

> Mark Lipton
>

> --
>
> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Unsure. The CT labels look like what I remember (don't remember if Kamptal
was prominent). I actually have bought more of the Gobelsburger GV

In praise of celery! Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 5 18-08-2011 02:49 PM
In praise of lard... Stormmee Barbecue 4 07-08-2009 04:17 AM
TN: Schloss Gobelsburg, Felsina DaleW Wine 0 20-07-2007 02:35 PM
Schloss Gobelsburg Brut Reserve---Austrian Sparkler dick neidich Wine 13 03-04-2005 01:50 PM
Schloss Gobelsburg Brut Reserve---Austrian Sparkler dick neidich Wine 0 01-04-2005 01:54 PM