Posted to alt.food.wine
Anders.Torneskog Anders.Torneskog is offline

Default [TN]] In praise of dry Riesling ('10 Gobelsburg)

The estate uses three different labels...
There is a 'Schloss Gobelsburg' label, a 'Gobelsburger' label and a 'Domäne
Gobelsburg' label.
The first one seems to be for their single vineyard bottlings so I'd guess
it is a sort of descending order with generic wines at the end (but these
are pretty good too!)
hth
Anders

"DaleW" wrote in message

On Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:19:04 AM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
> On 9/26/12 8:19 PM, DaleW wrote:
>

> > I should find some, very steady producer, thanks

> One curious thing that you might be able to shed light onto, Dale: when
>
> I went to delete the wine from CT, I saw that it was filed under the
>
> "Gobelsburger" Riesling, but the label shown didn't match mine. Mine
>
> clearly said "Kamptal" on the bottom of the front, which appears to have
>
> been true on the Gobelsburger bottling up until 2008 or so. Alas, I've
>
> already recycled the bottle so can't check what's going on.
>

> Mark Lipton
>

> --
>
> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Unsure. The CT labels look like what I remember (don't remember if Kamptal
was prominent). I actually have bought more of the Gobelsburger GV