Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Graves, Cru Bojo, MSR,

Doing my best to get rid of leftovers and individual sized portions in freezer tlll Betsy gets back tonight.

No wine Monday, dined at friends who are doing a dry January, they offered wine but I would have felt awkward.

Tuesday I did a single prime ribeye, with peas and green salad. Wine was the 2004 Picque Caillou (Pessac Leognan). Nice midweight Graves that's in a very nice place right now- cassis and black plums, a distinct tobacco note, a little cedar. Fresh acids, light ripe tannins in the background, nice, and holds well overnight. B+

Wednesday was sockeye salmon, beer/cauliflower soup, and white beans. Wine was a half-bottle of the 2009 Cheysson "Clos Les Farges" Chiroubles. Fleshy, fruit forward, a bit low acid. Not exciting but ok (a bit leftover is too pruney to drink on day 2 ). B-/C+

Thursday was miso soup with spinach, shiitakes and surimi/crabstick, I thought Riesling. The 2007 Van Volxem "Kanzemer Altenberg-Alte Reben" Riesling seemed big and powerful in mouthfeel, but fruit seemed strangely muted. Just off dry. I decanted to see if I could awaken it, but what air made apparent was TCA. Dang, I think there was something nice there. Flawed

Replacement was the 2009 Egon Muller Scharzhof* Riesling QbA. Really vibrant acids, Granny smith and grapefruit, some stony notes on finish. Very good for level. B+/B

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

TN: 2 Year Storage Experiment (Graves, Bojo, Rhone) DaleW Wine 6 05-04-2010 03:59 PM
WTN: Crozes, CdL, and Graves DaleW Wine 3 10-05-2009 07:01 PM
TN: Chablis, Graves, CdP DaleW Wine 2 28-04-2008 03:11 PM
TN: 1998 Graves DaleW Wine 0 19-03-2007 08:41 PM
"Living Graves" TofuBoy? Barbecue 21 09-11-2003 06:15 PM