TofuBoy?

Default "Living Graves"

We are the living graves of murdered beasts,
Slaughtered to satisfy our appetites.
We never pause to wonder at our feasts,
If animals, like men, can possibly have rights.
We pray on Sundays that we may have light,
To guide our footsteps on the path we tread.
We're sick of war, we do not want to fight -
The thought of it now fills our hearts with dread,
And yet - we gorge ourselves upon the dead.

Like carrion crows we live and feed on meat,
Regardless of the suffering and the pain
We cause by doing so, if thus we treat
Defenceless animals for sport or gain,
How can we hope in this world to attain,
The PEACE we say we are so anxious for.
We pray for it o'er hecatombs of slain,
To God, while outraging the moral law,
Thus cruelty begets its offspring - WAR.

---George Bernard Shaw
Dimitri

"TofuBoy?" > wrote in message
om...
> We are the living graves of murdered beasts,
> Slaughtered to satisfy our appetites.

And your point is?

> We never pause to wonder at our feasts,
> If animals, like men, can possibly have rights.

Screw'em

> We pray on Sundays that we may have light,
> To guide our footsteps on the path we tread.

What you mean we?

> We're sick of war, we do not want to fight -
> The thought of it now fills our hearts with dread,
> And yet - we gorge ourselves upon the dead.

Sounds right to me!

> Like carrion crows we live and feed on meat,
> Regardless of the suffering and the pain

Not quite, I don't think I've ever seen a crow start a fire.

> We cause by doing so, if thus we treat
> Defenceless animals for sport or gain,
> How can we hope in this world to attain,
> The PEACE we say we are so anxious for.

You missed the point - What every man wants is a little Peace spelled both
ways.

> We pray for it o'er hecatombs of slain,
> To God, while outraging the moral law,
> Thus cruelty begets its offspring - WAR.
>
> ---George Bernard Shaw

Maybe that's why he calles his story are you ready?
Pigmalian by George Bernard Shaw

Dimitri

Brick

> wrote in

<snip>
> Now I've gotta go marinate that pork loin roast in preparation for
> re-incarnating that little piggie into a higher life form . . . ME!
>
> --
> Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley

How about a little detail on that particular marinade Nick. I have
a pork tenderloin just crying to be cooked. The last one I did
wasn't anything special.

Brick(Masta Couch Bouncer)

Edwin Pawlowski

"Dimitri" > wrote in message

> > Like carrion crows we live and feed on meat,
> > Regardless of the suffering and the pain

> Not quite, I don't think I've ever seen a crow start a fire.
>
> Dimitri

Yeah, but that line really got my attention. We should kill the carrion
crows so they won't eat any more meat. Why pick on homo sapiens while
nature has other animals picking away at the same protein?
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Thomas Mooney

Brick > wrote in message

<snip>

> Brick(Masta Couch Bouncer)

Brick,

There _has_ to be a story that goes with your new title. Care to share?

Inquiring minds...

--
TFM3

Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

"Brick" > wrote:
> > wrote in
> > <snip>
> > Now I've gotta go marinate that pork loin roast[]

> How about a little detail on that particular marinade Nick.

Sure. It's from 'Legends of TEXAS Barbecue', p.67:

Barbecued Honey Pork Loin:

8 cups hot water (I'll be using Marsala wine)
1/2 cup sea salt (I'll be using Kosher - it's not brain surgery)
3/4 cup Texas honey (I'll be using Thai honey for my honey)
2 Tbs Tabasco sauce (I'll be using Amazon Habanero sauce - probably more)
1 Tbs ground black pepper (I'll be adding 1 Tbs ground white pepper)
1 boneless pork loin, 4 to 6 pounds (mine is 7 pounds - whatever)
3 Tbs dry rub for pork (see below)
3 cloves garlic minced (I'll probably use a LOT more!)

(I'm really condensing this a lot) Mix up the marinade and cure the pork
overnight in the 'fridge. Dry and rub. Roll in a ZigZag and smoke . . . oh,
wait, that's a different NewsGroup, TxFM! Just smoke.

Rub: (Rockney Terry's - p. 63) should make around 1-1/2 cups

1/2 cup salt
2 Tbs sugar
1/4 cup paprika
2 Tbs garlic powder (I'll be using 1/4 cup minced garlic
2 Tbs onion powder
3 Tbs cayenne (I'll be adding some minced Thai chile peppers, too)
2 Tbs ground black pepper (I'll be adding 1 Tbs ground white pepper, too)

Comments and thoughts from the resident 'gurus' appreciated. I'm not
actually starting 'til tomorrow.

--
Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley www.boonchoo.com
"Giving violent criminals a government guarantee that their intended

"Thomas Mooney" > wrote:
> []
>
> I'm not familiar with the Powell speech, but the line comes from a John
> Donne piece:
>
> " . . . for whom the bell tolls; . . . .

Which also inspired Hemingway's by the same name. These guys all steal from
each other. Or is that called 'inspiration'?

> BTW, Nick, I thoroughly enjoyed the piece you referenced. So much so
> that it bears a repeat reference for any that missed it:
>
> http://www.vanguardonline.f9.co.uk/00509.htm
>
> It reminded me of something Christopher Hitchens might have written;
> running against the conventional thinking with mind clear and eyes wide
> open. Thanks.

For a one-eyed schizophrenic like me, that's "minds clear and eye wide
open!"

--
Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley www.boonchoo.com
"Giving violent criminals a government guarantee that their intended
victims are defenseless is bad public policy."
- John Ross, "Unintended Consequences"
Dimitri

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
. com...

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>
> > > Like carrion crows we live and feed on meat,
> > > Regardless of the suffering and the pain

> > Not quite, I don't think I've ever seen a crow start a fire.
> >
> > Dimitri

> Yeah, but that line really got my attention. We should kill the carrion
> crows so they won't eat any more meat. Why pick on homo sapiens while
> nature has other animals picking away at the same protein?
> Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Those goddamn omnivores and scavengers Kill'em all before they steal our
meat.

Dimitri

Brick

"Thomas Mooney" > wrote in message

> Brick > wrote in message
> >

> <snip>
> >
> > Brick(Masta Couch Bouncer)
> >

> Brick,
>
> There _has_ to be a story that goes with your new title. Care to

share?

> Inquiring minds...
>
> --
> TFM3
>
> Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

Hobbit or 'Ellen' name generator.

--
Brick( Masta Couch Bounce)

Default "Living Graves" Pork Loin Update4 Brick et al

wrote:
> "Brick" > wrote:
>[]
> > How about a little detail on that particular marinade Nick.

OK. Major problem here. Phone call from Thailand. My wife's mother, who'll
be 100 in January, is in the hospital; first time in 56 years (since my
wife was born). She's leaving early Monday to catch a plane. Did the
marinade tonite. Here's what I ended up with, 'cause I realized the amounts
given were for putting it in a bowl! I put it in a small plastic garbage
bag.
> Sure. It's from 'Legends of TEXAS Barbecue', p.67:

Barbecued Honey Pork Loin (mod 1):

2 cups water
2 cups Marsala wine
1/4 cup Kosher salt
3/4 cup Thai honey for my honey (completely different taste)
3 Tbs Amazon Habanero sauce
2 Tbs ground black pepper
1 boneless pork loin,7 pounds - whatever)
3 Tbs dry rub for pork (see below)
1 Tbs garlic powder

> (I'm really condensing this a lot) Mix up the marinade and cure the pork

36 hours in the 'fridge, turning the bag whenever ya think about it. Dry
and rub. Roll in a ZigZag and smoke . . . oh, wait, that's a different
NewsGroup, TxFM! Just smoke.

> Rub: (Rockney Terry's - p. 63) should make around 1-1/2 cups

I'll make this manana. Probably cut down on the salt. Dunno yet. To taste.

> 1/2 cup salt
> 2 Tbs sugar
> 1/4 cup paprika
> 2 Tbs garlic powder (I'll be using 1/4 cup minced garlic
> 2 Tbs onion powder
> 3 Tbs cayenne (I'll be adding some minced black Thai chile peppers, too)
> 2 Tbs ground black pepper (I'll be adding 1 Tbs ground white pepper, too)
>
> Comments and thoughts from the resident 'gurus' appreciated. I'm not
> actually starting 'til tomorrow.

Just tryin' ta keep everything up to date. Been a hectic day, gettin'
ticket, money, etc. She'll be packin' Sunday while I'm slavin' over the NB.
I'll need a lot of booze ta keep me goin'! he he he

--
Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley
www.boonchoo.com
"Giving violent criminals a government guarantee that their intended
victims are defenseless is bad public policy."
- John Ross, "Unintended Consequences"
Brick

> wrote in message
> "Brick" > wrote:
> > > wrote in
> > > <snip>
> > > Now I've gotta go marinate that pork loin roast[]

> > How about a little detail on that particular marinade Nick.

> Sure. It's from 'Legends of TEXAS Barbecue', p.67:

<snip>

Thanks. I have all that stuff.

Brick(Masta Couch Bouncer)

"Dimitri" > wrote:
> []
>
> Those goddamn omnivores and scavengers Kill'em all before they steal our
> meat.

And they make good roadkill chili!

--
Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley www.boonchoo.com
"Giving violent criminals a government guarantee that their intended
victims are defenseless is bad public policy."
- John Ross, "Unintended Consequences"
F.G. Whitfurrows

"TofuBoy?" > wrote in message
om...
> We are the living graves of murdered beasts,
> Slaughtered to satisfy our appetites.
> We never pause to wonder at our feasts,
> If animals, like men, can possibly have rights.
> We pray on Sundays that we may have light,
> To guide our footsteps on the path we tread.
> We're sick of war, we do not want to fight -
> The thought of it now fills our hearts with dread,
> And yet - we gorge ourselves upon the dead.
>
> Like carrion crows we live and feed on meat,
> Regardless of the suffering and the pain
> We cause by doing so, if thus we treat
> Defenceless animals for sport or gain,
> How can we hope in this world to attain,
> The PEACE we say we are so anxious for.
> We pray for it o'er hecatombs of slain,
> To God, while outraging the moral law,
> Thus cruelty begets its offspring - WAR.
>
> ---George Bernard Shaw

This seems to fit here better than in its spot on ABF. Pardon the literary
inferiority.

"Eggs and sausage,
and a side of toast
coffee and a roll,
hash browns over easy,
chile in a bowl
with burgers and fries
what kind of pie?"

from "Eggs and sausage"
by Tom Waits

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Dammit! Couldn't help myself.

F.G. Whitfurrows

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
. com...

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>
> > > Like carrion crows we live and feed on meat,
> > > Regardless of the suffering and the pain

> > Not quite, I don't think I've ever seen a crow start a fire.
> >
> > Dimitri

> Yeah, but that line really got my attention. We should kill the carrion
> crows so they won't eat any more meat.

(In my best Yosemite Sam voice) Yaaaaaaaaa hates carrion crows!

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

"F.G. Whitfurrows" > wrote:
> "TofuBoy?" > wrote in message
> om...
> [poem attributed to GBS snipped]
> >
> > ---George Bernard Shaw

> This seems to fit here better than in its spot on ABF.[]
>
> from "Eggs and sausage"
> by Tom Waits

As an aside, I have been unable to verify that GBS, while a vegetarian most
of his life, actually wrote the abovementioned poem.

Now Fosco, if you were to make the "Eggs and sausage" breakfast, pics of it
would be quite appropriate on a.b.f

--
Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley www.boonchoo.com
"Giving violent criminals a government guarantee that their intended
victims are defenseless is bad public policy."
- John Ross, "Unintended Consequences"
F.G. Whitfurrows

> wrote .
>
> Now Fosco, if you were to make the "Eggs and sausage" breakfast, pics of

it
> would be quite appropriate on a.b.f

I did that but it came out lookin like pasta with Trapanese pesto. Go
figger.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

"F.G. Whitfurrows" > wrote:
> > wrote .
> >
> > Now Fosco, if you were to make the "Eggs and sausage" breakfast, pics
> > of it would be quite appropriate on a.b.f

> I did that but it came out lookin like pasta with Trapanese pesto. Go
> figger.

Well, go figger yerself, PAL!

--
Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley www.boonchoo.com
"Giving violent criminals a government guarantee that their intended
victims are defenseless is bad public policy."
- John Ross, "Unintended Consequences"
Harry Demidavicius

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 17:16:12 -0600, "Thomas Mooney"
> wrote:

>Brick > wrote in message
>>

><snip>
>>
>> Brick(Masta Couch Bouncer)
>>

>Brick,
>
>There _has_ to be a story that goes with your new title. Care to share?
>
>Inquiring minds...

That's his Porno handle . . . .

Harry [Blake Stallion]
Kevin S. Wilson

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 00:20:06 GMT, Harry Demidavicius
> wrote:

>On 7 Nov 2003 03:32:05 -0800, (TofuBoy?)
>wrote:
>
>snip
>
>I'm tired of this prick who keeps morphing past the Filters. I have
>reported him to his ISP. Please join me in reporting him/it to
for Spamming & for forging headers. Both are
>violations to Rogers' TOS.

Done.

Here's a copy of his latest spew, with full headers, in case anyone
wants to send a complaint to

>From:
(TofuBoy?)

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho

TN: Blind Graves- class will out DaleW Wine 1 27-03-2014 04:29 PM
TN: Graves, Cru Bojo, MSR, DaleW Wine 0 13-01-2012 11:59 PM
WTN: Crozes, CdL, and Graves DaleW Wine 3 10-05-2009 07:01 PM
TN: Chablis, Graves, CdP DaleW Wine 2 28-04-2008 03:11 PM
TN: 1998 Graves DaleW Wine 0 19-03-2007 07:41 PM