Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Chile or Argentina - Sangiovese

What might be the closest grape in taste to Sangiovese that is grown in
Chile or Argentina?

Any comments appreciated. Thanks.
Dee Dee

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 15:57:03 -0500, "Dee Dovey" >
wrote:

> What might be the closest grape in taste to Sangiovese that is grown in
> Chile or Argentina?

The answer to your question is ... Sangiovese. ;-)

It's grown in both Chile and Argentina.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Ken Blake" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 15:57:03 -0500, "Dee Dovey" >
> wrote:
>

>> What might be the closest grape in taste to Sangiovese that is grown in
>> Chile or Argentina?

> The answer to your question is ... Sangiovese. ;-)
>
> It's grown in both Chile and Argentina.
>
> --
> Ken Blake
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

REALLY??? How wonderful.
Is it written as "Sangiovese" grape? or in another language/name for the
sangiovese grape?

What do you think about it in the price range of 12-18 USD, if you have
tried it.

Thanks!!!!!
Dee Dee

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 17:37:25 -0500, "Dee Dovey" >
wrote:

> "Ken Blake" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 15:57:03 -0500, "Dee Dovey" >
> > wrote:
> >

> >> What might be the closest grape in taste to Sangiovese that is grown in
> >> Chile or Argentina?

> > The answer to your question is ... Sangiovese. ;-)
> >
> > It's grown in both Chile and Argentina.
> >
> > --
> > Ken Blake
> > Please Reply to the Newsgroup

> REALLY??? How wonderful.
> Is it written as "Sangiovese" grape?

Yes, as far as I know, although I don't know for sure. Both Chile and
Argentina normally use the "standard" European names for grapes on
their bottles.

> or in another language/name for the
> sangiovese grape?
>
> What do you think about it in the price range of 12-18 USD, if you have
> tried it.

Sorry, I've seen some occasionally, but if I've ever had one, I don't
remember it. I can't even remember any brand names.

> Thanks!!!!!

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Just curious--why do you particularly want one from Chile or
Argentina, rather than Italy?

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Ken Blake" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 17:37:25 -0500, "Dee Dovey" >
> wrote:
>

>> "Ken Blake" > wrote in message

>> > The answer to your question is ... Sangiovese. ;-)
>> >
>> > It's grown in both Chile and Argentina.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Ken Blake
>> > Please Reply to the Newsgroup

>> REALLY??? How wonderful.
>> Is it written as "Sangiovese" grape?

> Yes, as far as I know, although I don't know for sure. Both Chile and
> Argentina normally use the "standard" European names for grapes on
> their bottles.
>

>> or in another language/name for the
>> sangiovese grape?
>>
>> What do you think about it in the price range of 12-18 USD, if you have
>> tried it.

> Sorry, I've seen some occasionally, but if I've ever had one, I don't
> remember it. I can't even remember any brand names.
>

>> Thanks!!!!!

> You're welcome. Glad to help.
>
> Just curious--why do you particularly want one from Chile or
> Argentina, rather than Italy?
>
> --
> Ken Blake
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

I do love Italian wines. But,
Lately I've been buying from a local wine store; I like their service. Many
of the wines I choose is from a certain importer. The importer has a large
choice, but only a few Italian Tuscan in the price range that I'm willing to
pay for most of the wine we purchase. So, I thought I'd try another part
of the world for more of a choice, both in cost and similar taste.

Thanks for your reply, Ken.
Dee Dee

Posted to alt.food.wine

You have a couple of options for italian owned/influenced bodegas in
Argentina. I can't think of anything Chilean off the top of my head. Have
a look at Benegas Sangiovese.

For Amarone style a Malbec/corvina blend try and find Masi's venture in
Tupungato; Renacer also do a similar style ie dried rasiny loveliness; I
think it's rather pricey though.

Rich

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 22:51:47 -0300, Dee Dovey > wrote:

> "Ken Blake" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 17:37:25 -0500, "Dee Dovey" >
>> wrote:

>>> REALLY??? How wonderful.
>>> Is it written as "Sangiovese" grape?

>> Yes, as far as I know, although I don't know for sure. Both Chile and
>> Argentina normally use the "standard" European names for grapes on
>> their bottles.
>>

>>> or in another language/name for the
>>> sangiovese grape?
>>>
>>> What do you think about it in the price range of 12-18 USD, if you have
>>> tried it.

>> Sorry, I've seen some occasionally, but if I've ever had one, I don't
>> remember it. I can't even remember any brand names.
>>

>>> Thanks!!!!!

>> You're welcome. Glad to help.
>>
>> Just curious--why do you particularly want one from Chile or
>> Argentina, rather than Italy?
>>
>> --
>> Ken Blake
>> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

> I do love Italian wines. But,
> Lately I've been buying from a local wine store; I like their service.
> Many
> of the wines I choose is from a certain importer. The importer has a
> large
> choice, but only a few Italian Tuscan in the price range that I'm
> willing to
> pay for most of the wine we purchase. So, I thought I'd try another
> part
> of the world for more of a choice, both in cost and similar taste.
>
> Thanks for your reply, Ken.
> Dee Dee

"Very few wines made today in Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece,Australia, Germany, Chile and Argentina, among other countries...taste theway they did 50 years ago." [email protected] Wine 5 19-02-2017 09:14 AM
"Very few fines made today in Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece,Australia, Germany, Chile and Argentina, among other countries...taste theway they did 50 years ago." [email protected] Wine 0 06-02-2017 08:58 AM
Chile Macho (Green Chile Sauce) Terry Pogue Recipes (moderated) 0 02-02-2010 12:03 PM
Sangiovese [email protected] Wine 123 17-08-2006 03:50 AM
CHILE COLORADO CON CARNE (RED CHILE WITH MEAT) Old Magic1 Mexican Cooking 1 19-03-2005 07:31 PM