Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Thursday Business Lunch

Hello! I've been for a business lunch at a French Restaurant.

I had mainly Baked Camembert and Boeuf Bourgignon.

We ordered a wonderful Chteau Angelus Saint Emilion Bordeaux.
Tradition tells that the origin of the name comes from a spot where
winegrowers could hear Angelus being rung simultaneously in the area’s
three churches: the Chapel in Mazerat, the church of
Saint-Martin-de-Mazerat and the church in Saint-Emilion.

In 1909, Maurice de Bouard de Laforest purchased a 3-hectare
vineyard, called Angelus, close to his vineyard of Chteau Mazerat. In
1954, when the Chteau was classified, Chteau Angelus became the
final name. Nowadays, the third generation of family de Bouard de
Laforest improves the business.

The blend is mainly made up of Merlot Noir (50%), Cabernet Franc (47%)
and traces of Cabernet-Sauvignon.

I suggest this wonderful wine with all kind of beef exclusive recipes.

--
http://shop-for-computer.com - Best Pc Deals, Refurbished Deals

http://shop-for-clothes.com - Shoes, Handbags, Shirts, Coats

http://shop-for-car.com - Huge Car Deals, Auto Parts
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 07:05:10 +0100, Kyle >
wrote:

> The blend is mainly made up of Merlot Noir (50%), Cabernet Franc (47%)
> and traces of Cabernet-Sauvignon.

Having never heard of "Merlot Noir" before, I just did a Google search
on it, and found, at http://vinismo.com/en/Merlot, that it's another
name for Merlot.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jan 29, 1:05*am, Kyle > wrote:
> Hello! I've been for a business lunch at a French Restaurant.
>
> I had mainly Baked Camembert and Boeuf Bourgignon.
>
> We ordered a wonderful Chteau Angelus Saint Emilion Bordeaux.
> Tradition tells that the origin of the name comes from a spot where
> winegrowers could hear Angelus being rung simultaneously in the area’s
> three churches: the Chapel in Mazerat, the church of
> Saint-Martin-de-Mazerat and the church in Saint-Emilion.
>
> *In 1909, Maurice de Bouard de Laforest purchased a 3-hectare
> vineyard, called Angelus, close to his vineyard of Chteau Mazerat. In
> 1954, when the Chteau was classified, Chteau Angelus became the
> final name. Nowadays, the third generation of family de Bouard de
> Laforest improves the business.
>
> The blend is mainly made up of Merlot Noir (50%), Cabernet Franc (47%)
> and traces of Cabernet-Sauvignon.
>
> I suggest this wonderful wine with all kind of beef exclusive recipes.
>
> --http://shop-for-computer.com- Best Pc Deals, Refurbished Deals
>
> http://shop-for-clothes.com- Shoes, Handbags, Shirts, Coats
>
> http://shop-for-car.com- Huge Car Deals, Auto Parts

Kyle, you haven't told us anything about this wonderful wine that we
couldn't look up at the web site. What year was it? How did it
taste? What restaurant were you at? How much was it on the wine
list? etc. Inquiring minds want to know.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 07:56:19 -0800 (PST), "Bi!!" >
wrote:

>Kyle, you haven't told us anything about this wonderful wine that we
>couldn't look up at the web site. What year was it? How did it
>taste? What restaurant were you at? How much was it on the wine
>list? etc. Inquiring minds want to know.

I'll tell you only that the wine was 2008, perfume of licorice,
blackberries and cherries

Some acid, but just a bit to add brilliance to a wine that is really
powerful and full bodied.

As I said... wonderful. Don't ask me the price or the place because I
don't want to advertise places.

I just wanted to share my experience with this wine.

--
http://shop-for-computer.com - Best Pc Deals, Refurbished Deals

http://shop-for-clothes.com - Shoes, Handbags, Shirts, Coats

http://shop-for-car.com - Huge Car Deals, Auto Parts
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jan 29, 1:53�pm, Kyle > wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 07:56:19 -0800 (PST), "Bi!!" >
> wrote:
>
> >Kyle, you haven't told us anything about this wonderful wine that we
> >couldn't look up at the web site. �What year was it? �How did it
> >taste? �What restaurant were you at? �How much was it on the wine
> >list? etc. �Inquiring minds want to know.

> I'll tell you only that the wine was 2008, perfume of licorice,
> blackberries and cherries
>
> Some acid, but just a bit to add brilliance to a wine that is really
> powerful and full bodied.
>
> As I said... wonderful. Don't ask me the price or the place because I
> don't want to advertise places.
>
> I just wanted to share my experience with this wine.
>
> --http://shop-for-computer.com- Best Pc Deals, Refurbished Deals
>
> http://shop-for-clothes.com- Shoes, Handbags, Shirts, Coats
>
> http://shop-for-car.com- Huge Car Deals, Auto Parts

Thanks for the notes. I didn't think that the 2008's had been
released yet.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 1/29/10 2:02 PM, Bi!! wrote:

> Thanks for the notes. I didn't think that the 2008's had been
> released yet.

They're not. 2008s are currently on sale as futures only. Even the
2007s have barely begun to arrive.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 14:22:40 -0500, Mark Lipton >
wrote:

>On 1/29/10 2:02 PM, Bi!! wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the notes. I didn't think that the 2008's had been
>> released yet.

>They're not. 2008s are currently on sale as futures only. Even the
>2007s have barely begun to arrive.
>
>Mark Lipton

Wrong, Mark... they are available. Please double check. Anyway, you
don't know where I was

--
http://shop-for-computer.com - Best Pc Deals, Refurbished Deals

http://shop-for-clothes.com - Shoes, Handbags, Shirts, Coats

http://shop-for-car.com - Huge Car Deals, Auto Parts
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jan 29, 3:36�pm, Kyle > wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 14:22:40 -0500, Mark Lipton >
> wrote:
>
> >On 1/29/10 2:02 PM, Bi!! wrote:

> >> Thanks for the notes. �I didn't think that the 2008's had been
> >> released yet.

> >They're not. �2008s are currently on sale as futures only. �Even the
> >2007s have barely begun to arrive.

> >Mark Lipton

> Wrong, Mark... they are available. Please double check. Anyway, you
> don't know where I was
>
> --http://shop-for-computer.com- Best Pc Deals, Refurbished Deals
>
> http://shop-for-clothes.com- Shoes, Handbags, Shirts, Coats
>
> http://shop-for-car.com- Huge Car Deals, Auto Parts

For a guy who didn't want to advertise where he ate lunch you don't
seem to have a problem advertising for computers, clothes and cars!
Sounds like you enjoyed the 2008 Angelus where ever you were.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 12:40:45 -0700, "graham" > wrote:

>But I do detect a whiff of spam!
>Graham

Absolutely not.

But I don't visit frequently the newsgroups... so for a period I can
write messages, then for months I can be quiet.

It depends if I can find the time and also if I'm in the mood to
write.

Anyway, usually I prefer to read quiet groups because I don't like
flames, quarrels etc etc.

alt.food.wine is a great group and also you are all of vast knowledge.
It's a pleasure to read you.

--
http://shop-for-computer.com - Best Pc Deals, Refurbished Deals

http://shop-for-clothes.com - Shoes, Handbags, Shirts, Coats

http://shop-for-car.com - Huge Car Deals, Auto Parts
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 12:40:14 -0800 (PST), "Bi!!" >
wrote:

>On Jan 29, 3:36?pm, Kyle > wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 14:22:40 -0500, Mark Lipton >
>> wrote:

>> >They're not. ?2008s are currently on sale as futures only. ?Even the
>> >2007s have barely begun to arrive.

>> >Mark Lipton

>> Wrong, Mark... they are available. Please double check. Anyway, you
>> don't know where I was
>>
>> --http://shop-for-computer.com- Best Pc Deals, Refurbished Deals
>>
>> http://shop-for-clothes.com- Shoes, Handbags, Shirts, Coats
>>
>> http://shop-for-car.com- Huge Car Deals, Auto Parts

>For a guy who didn't want to advertise where he ate lunch you don't
>seem to have a problem advertising for computers, clothes and cars!
>Sounds like you enjoyed the 2008 Angelus where ever you were.

Oh, I'm doing a friend a favour, but of course computers, clothes and
cars are useless in a wines group... I just forgot to turn it off.

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Kyle" wrote (Referring to Chteau Angelus 2008!!!!!

> Wrong, Mark... they are available. Please double check. Anyway, you
> don't know where I was

Kyle, irrespective of where you are (unless is it already 2012 on your
planet) - several merchants are offering Chteau Angelus 2008 *en
primeur*, that is for delivery at some future date.

For you to say you consumed this "at a business lunch at a French
restaurant" - irrespective of whether this restaurant was in
Villefranche-de-Rouergue, France, or Mbabane, Swaziland, or Reykjavik,
Iceland or Wooloomooloo, Australia - it is pure fantasy on your part to
say you had a 2008 Ch. Angelus.

This wine simply has not been released yet!

Perhaps you are mistaken as to the vintage !!! ;-)

st.helier

Posted to alt.food.wine

Hi Kyle,

This is very odd.

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 19:53:21 +0100, Kyle >
wrote:

>I'll tell you only that the wine was 2008,

Not if it was Ch L'Angelus. I live in France and because I was
curious, I phoned up the Chateau. The wine is not released for sale
yet. So either you had a phony or you're mistaken as to the name or
the year.

What happens with good wines from Bordeaux is that in general they go
into barrels towards the end of the year in which the grapes were
picked. Sometimes earlier sometimes later, dependng on all sorts of
factors.

Then the following spring, samples are produced for the trade to
taste. These are wines blended for the occasion, drawn from barrels,
they may or may not reflect accurately what the final wine will be
like. OIn the basis of these tastings, the owners start offering their
wines to the trade "en primeur". Basically a trader (negociant,
importer etc) can buy an option. The first lot is usually offered at
the chateau owner's estimate as to what she thinks is fair. Depending
on what happens, subsequent lots are sold off at higher or lower
prices. As Andrew says, this is a notional sale. Part of the money
changes hands, but NO wine is delivered. This allows the winery to
recover some of the short term costs (barrels etc).

On the basis of the price the negociants have paid, these negociants
will offer "futures", sometimes as early as the summer following the
vintage. This may be to selected large retail customers or more often
to shops. Again, part of the money (sometimes all) is paid up front,
but no wine changes hands. The wne remains in barrel, being racked
and tasted regularly.

Finally, sometime between March and September, the final blend is
created and after being assembled in large vats, it is bottled. These
bottles are often kept at the estate for a short while to before being
labelled, boxed and sent out. I've never heard of a good wine from
Bordeaux being released before the summer two years after the vintage,
but it could hypothetically be released straight after bottling. But
with great respect to you, Ch Angelus is not available as yet
ANYWHERE.

I do hope that's adequately clear.

All the best
Fatty in Forges
http://www.souvigne.com
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jan 29, 3:58�pm, Kyle > wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 12:40:14 -0800 (PST), "Bi!!" >
> wrote:
>

> >On Jan 29, 3:36?pm, Kyle > wrote:

> >> Wrong, Mark... they are available. Please double check. Anyway, you
> >> don't know where I was

> >> --http://shop-for-computer.com-Best Pc Deals, Refurbished Deals

> >>http://shop-for-clothes.com-Shoes, Handbags, Shirts, Coats

> >>http://shop-for-car.com-Huge Car Deals, Auto Parts

> >For a guy who didn't want to advertise where he ate lunch you don't
> >seem to have a problem advertising for computers, clothes and cars!
> >Sounds like you enjoyed the 2008 Angelus where ever you were.

> Oh, I'm doing a friend a favour, but of course computers, clothes and
> cars are useless in a wines group... I just forgot to turn it off.- Hide quoted text -

Right...... nobody here ever uses a computer, drives a car or wears
clothes.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 12:40:03 +0100, me at french orange wrote:

>Hi Kyle,
>
>This is very odd.
>
>On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 19:53:21 +0100, Kyle >
>wrote:
>
>>I'll tell you only that the wine was 2008,

>Not if it was Ch L'Angelus. I live in France and because I was
>curious, I phoned up the Chateau. The wine is not released for sale
>yet. So either you had a phony or you're mistaken as to the name or
>the year.

Then I'm wrong, but it was Angelus... there was the bell in the
center...

Since I was busy with the business, and I was invited (I did not pay
anything).

To be honest, now it could be 2005 or 2006... I can't focus on it at
the moment.

--
http://shop-for-computer.com - Best Pc Deals, Refurbished Deals

http://shop-for-clothes.com - Shoes, Handbags, Shirts, Coats

http://shop-for-car.com - Huge Car Deals, Auto Parts
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jan 30, 8:03�am, Kyle > wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 12:40:03 +0100, me at french orange wrote:
>
> >Hi Kyle,

> >This is very odd.

> >On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 19:53:21 +0100, Kyle >
> >wrote:

> >>I'll tell you only that the wine was 2008,

> >Not if it was Ch L'Angelus. I live in France and because I was
> >curious, I phoned up the Chateau. The wine is not released for sale
> >yet. So either you had a phony or you're mistaken as to the name or
> >the year.

> Then I'm wrong, but it was Angelus... there was the bell in the
> center...
>
> Since I was busy with the business, and I was invited (I did not pay
> anything).
>
> To be honest, now it could be 2005 or 2006... I can't focus on it at
> the moment.
>
> --http://shop-for-computer.com- Best Pc Deals, Refurbished Deals
>
> http://shop-for-clothes.com- Shoes, Handbags, Shirts, Coats
>
> http://shop-for-car.com- Huge Car Deals, Auto Parts

You're a very lucky man to be drinking $150-$300 retail wine at a
business lunch. Restaurant prices would be in the $250-$600 range per
bottle in The States.