jcoulter

Default pairing question

cornish games hens with an apricot glaze served with a wild rice pilaf and
acorn squash with cranberry/orange filling. I was thinking St. Veran or
Pouilly Fuisse, but would like to consider a red as an alternative. Any
suggestions would be welcome. (N. Florida location if it shoud matter but
looking for a generaly available no more than 15USD per bottle suggestion.)
dick

Riesling, dry or not dry works for me.

What part of N. Florida....Gainesville?

Go Gators! (my alma matre)

"jcoulter" > wrote in message
. 227.77...
> cornish games hens with an apricot glaze served with a wild rice pilaf and
> acorn squash with cranberry/orange filling. I was thinking St. Veran or
> Pouilly Fuisse, but would like to consider a red as an alternative. Any
> suggestions would be welcome. (N. Florida location if it shoud matter but
> looking for a generaly available no more than 15USD per bottle

suggestion.)

D. Gerasimatos

To me:

Game hens = pinot

Maybe also merlot. I have had them with a rich white and that is good,
too. I wouldn't have thought Pouilly-Fuisse, but I haven't tried that
combo either.

Dimitri

pairing question Joseph Coulter[_7_] Wine 7 13-02-2009 07:19 PM
Pairing Question Bi!! Wine 7 04-09-2008 05:18 PM
Food Pairing Question Little Malice[_4_] General Cooking 49 22-12-2007 05:48 PM
yet another food pairing question Timote Wine 8 18-03-2004 06:03 PM
Food pairing question cherie Wine 8 07-03-2004 05:54 PM