RockyRoad

Default Sweet Sherry and White Port

Could someone tell me the differences, both in taste and makeup.

My untrained palette has them tasting fairly similar, with Sherry a bit
more watery possibly. Though with no white port left in the house maybe
my memory is deceiving me.

Thanks.

RockyRoad

--
Rocky Road - in Oz
Ian Hoare

Salut/Hi RockyRoad,

le/on Tue, 14 Oct 2003 21:55:50 +1000, tu disais/you said:-

>Could someone tell me the differences, both in taste and makeup.
>
>My untrained palette has them tasting fairly similar, with Sherry a bit
>more watery possibly. Though with no white port left in the house maybe
>my memory is deceiving me.

Are you talking about the beverages sold under those names in Australia or
the wines made in Spain and Portugal respectively?

--
All the Best
Ian Hoare

Sometimes oi just sits and thinks
Sometimes oi just sits.
RockyRoad

Ian Hoare wrote:

> Salut/Hi RockyRoad,
>
> le/on Tue, 14 Oct 2003 21:55:50 +1000, tu disais/you said:-
>
> >Could someone tell me the differences, both in taste and makeup.
> >
> >My untrained palette has them tasting fairly similar, with Sherry a bit
> >more watery possibly. Though with no white port left in the house maybe
> >my memory is deceiving me.

> Are you talking about the beverages sold under those names in Australia or
> the wines made in Spain and Portugal respectively?

Sorry. Australia.

The white port I had was from Betheny Vinyard in South Australia. Sherry
is just the plain old Penfolds stuff.

--
Rocky Road - in Oz