Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Southern Eclipse PN 2006

Marlbourough, local wine shop is advertising this as "supple seamless
black raspberry flavors with a hint of toasty new oak." special pricing
$14.99US anyone out there, Lord St. H perhaps, with any experience with
this. I am skeptical with the advert for any oak but willing to listen
objecti OK subjectively.

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021
904 631 8863 cell

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Joseph Coulter" > wrote in message
.. .
> Marlbourough, local wine shop is advertising this as "supple seamless
> black raspberry flavors with a hint of toasty new oak." special pricing
> $14.99US anyone out there, Lord St. H perhaps, with any experience with
> this. I am skeptical with the advert for any oak but willing to listen
> objecti OK subjectively.

This is a new label for me, but there are soooo many around.

Found this on web (also new site to me)
http://www.taste.co.nz/Home/Wine/Pin...8/Default.aspx

Reviewer Bob Campbell (MW) well known local wine judge, writer and wine
educator.
This list may place this wine in context with other brands you are familiar
with.

cheers greybeard

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Joseph Coulter" asked of His Lordship vast experience in such matters.....

> Marlborough, local wine shop is advertising this as "supple seamless
> black raspberry flavors with a hint of toasty new oak." special pricing
> $14.99US anyone out there, Lord St. H perhaps, with any experience with
> this. I am skeptical with the advert for any oak but willing to listen
> objecti OK subjectively.

In three words - go get some!

Southern Eclipse is made by one of NZs best winemakers (Michelle
Richardson) - nothing factory about this - hand picked, hand plunged.

In '06 the grapes were sourced in Marlborough (Central Otago in '07!) and
although they may appear to be Export Market Labels, they really are
seriously great value wines (she also makes a Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc in
the same label)

Go get yourself a case - if I am wrong, I will refund your $$$ in November
out of my own pocket!!!!!

st.helier

Posted to alt.food.wine

> Southern Eclipse is made by one of NZs best winemakers (Michelle
> Richardson) - nothing factory about this - hand picked, hand plunged.
>
> In '06 the grapes were sourced in Marlborough (Central Otago in '07!) and
> although they may appear to be Export Market Labels, they really are
> seriously great value wines (she also makes a Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
> in the same label)
>
> Go get yourself a case - if I am wrong, I will refund your $$$ in
> November out of my own pocket!!!!!
>
> st.helier

Been doing a little more research on this, and discovered what his lordship
knew, made by Michelle Richardson.
Definitely one of the best local winemakers. While at Villa Maria she
quickly
became their chief winemaker and produced many many of the best wines
on VM labels. Multi award and trophys galore.

cheers greybeard

Posted to alt.food.wine

"st.helier" > wrote in
:

> "Joseph Coulter" asked of His Lordship vast experience in such
> matters.....
>>
>> Marlborough, local wine shop is advertising this as "supple seamless
>> black raspberry flavors with a hint of toasty new oak." special
>> pricing $14.99US anyone out there, Lord St. H perhaps, with any
>> experience with this. I am skeptical with the advert for any oak but
>> willing to listen objecti OK subjectively.
>>

> In three words - go get some!
>
> Southern Eclipse is made by one of NZs best winemakers (Michelle
> Richardson) - nothing factory about this - hand picked, hand plunged.
>
> In '06 the grapes were sourced in Marlborough (Central Otago in '07!)
> and although they may appear to be Export Market Labels, they really
> are seriously great value wines (she also makes a Marlborough
> Sauvignon Blanc in the same label)
>
> Go get yourself a case - if I am wrong, I will refund your $$$ in
> November out of my own pocket!!!!!
>
> st.helier

now that is the best reason that I can come up with for a visit to NZ!
on my way tomorrow to purchase!