Posted to alt.food.wine
greybeard greybeard is offline

Default Southern Eclipse PN 2006

> Southern Eclipse is made by one of NZs best winemakers (Michelle
> Richardson) - nothing factory about this - hand picked, hand plunged.
>
> In '06 the grapes were sourced in Marlborough (Central Otago in '07!) and
> although they may appear to be Export Market Labels, they really are
> seriously great value wines (she also makes a Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
> in the same label)
>
> Go get yourself a case - if I am wrong, I will refund your $$$ in
> November out of my own pocket!!!!!
>
> st.helier

Been doing a little more research on this, and discovered what his lordship
knew, made by Michelle Richardson.
Definitely one of the best local winemakers. While at Villa Maria she
quickly
became their chief winemaker and produced many many of the best wines
on VM labels. Multi award and trophys galore.

cheers greybeard