Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Strange combo (fish tacos and Verdicchio)

In our never-ending search for combos no one on earth has tried
before, fish tacos and Verdicchio. Betsy had said she was stopping at
fishmonger, so I put a bottle of the 2007 Colle Stefano Verdicchio di
Matelica in the fridge. When she told me it was tacos (cod, with salsa
verde, guacamole, tomato salsa, cheese, and lettuce), I had my doubts.
But too lazy to redo wine. Actually, it was fine. The Verdicchio is a
very pretty wine ($13). Good body, clean bright acidity, a bit of a
saline note. Lots of lemon with some canteloupe/honeydew, some mineral
notes with a touch of almond on finish. Very good summertime wine,
getting more. Did fine with the tacos, was even better with straight
fish was a bit of the tomatillo sauce on top. B+

*
Posted to alt.food.wine
Luk Luk is offline

DaleW ha scritto:
> In our never-ending search for combos no one on earth has tried
> before, fish tacos and Verdicchio. Betsy had said she was stopping at
> fishmonger, so I put a bottle of the 2007 Colle Stefano Verdicchio di
> Matelica in the fridge. When she told me it was tacos (cod, with salsa
> verde, guacamole, tomato salsa, cheese, and lettuce), I had my doubts.
> But too lazy to redo wine. Actually, it was fine. The Verdicchio is a
> very pretty wine ($13). Good body, clean bright acidity, a bit of a
> saline note. Lots of lemon with some canteloupe/honeydew, some mineral
> notes with a touch of almond on finish. Very good summertime wine,
> getting more. Did fine with the tacos, was even better with straight
> fish was a bit of the tomatillo sauce on top. B+
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

That is actally one of the best italian whites for the value.
From organic grapes moreover.

Luk
Posted to alt.food.wine

In article
DaleW > wrote:

> In our never-ending search for combos no one on earth has tried
> before, fish tacos and Verdicchio. Betsy had said she was stopping at
> fishmonger, so I put a bottle of the 2007 Colle Stefano Verdicchio di
> Matelica in the fridge. When she told me it was tacos (cod, with salsa
> verde, guacamole, tomato salsa, cheese, and lettuce), I had my doubts.
> But too lazy to redo wine. Actually, it was fine. The Verdicchio is a
> very pretty wine ($13). Good body, clean bright acidity, a bit of a
> saline note. Lots of lemon with some canteloupe/honeydew, some mineral
> notes with a touch of almond on finish. Very good summertime wine,
> getting more. Did fine with the tacos, was even better with straight
> fish was a bit of the tomatillo sauce on top. B+
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
> *

Hey, why not? Good notes. I eat fish tacos a lot and usually have a beer
or a Margarita so I might try a Verdicchio next time.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jul 9, 11:27�am, Lawrence Leichtman > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>

> �DaleW > wrote:
> > In our never-ending search for combos no one on earth has tried
> > before, fish tacos and Verdicchio. Betsy had said she was stopping at
> > fishmonger, so I put a bottle of the 2007 Colle Stefano Verdicchio di
> > Matelica in the fridge. When she told me it was tacos (cod, with salsa
> > verde, guacamole, tomato salsa, cheese, and lettuce), I had my doubts.
> > But too lazy to redo wine. Actually, it was fine. The Verdicchio is a
> > very pretty wine ($13). Good body, clean bright acidity, a bit of a
> > saline note. Lots of lemon with some canteloupe/honeydew, some mineral
> > notes with a touch of almond on finish. Very good summertime wine,
> > getting more. Did fine with the tacos, was even better with straight
> > fish was a bit of the tomatillo sauce on top. B+

> > Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> > wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> > drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> > promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
> > �

> Hey, why not? Good notes. I eat fish tacos a lot and usually have a beer
> or a Margarita so I might try a Verdicchio next time.- Hide quoted text -

Me too but I usually have a sparkler like Gruet or a Rose.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jul 9, 11:27�am, Lawrence Leichtman > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>

> �DaleW > wrote:
> > In our never-ending search for combos no one on earth has tried
> > before, fish tacos and Verdicchio. Betsy had said she was stopping at
> > fishmonger, so I put a bottle of the 2007 Colle Stefano Verdicchio di
> > Matelica in the fridge. When she told me it was tacos (cod, with salsa
> > verde, guacamole, tomato salsa, cheese, and lettuce), I had my doubts.
> > But too lazy to redo wine. Actually, it was fine. The Verdicchio is a
> > very pretty wine ($13). Good body, clean bright acidity, a bit of a
> > saline note. Lots of lemon with some canteloupe/honeydew, some mineral
> > notes with a touch of almond on finish. Very good summertime wine,
> > getting more. Did fine with the tacos, was even better with straight
> > fish was a bit of the tomatillo sauce on top. B+

> > Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> > wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> > drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> > promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
> > �

> Hey, why not? Good notes. I eat fish tacos a lot and usually have a beer
> or a Margarita so I might try a Verdicchio next time.- Hide quoted text -

This did fine, but wasn't "magical" . I'd still try a slightly off-dry
wine next time, or perhaps an inexpensive sparkler a la Bill.

Fish tacos Bryan[_6_] General Cooking 11 06-05-2012 07:34 PM
Fish tacos Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 118 17-02-2011 05:37 AM
Fish tacos James Silverton[_2_] General Cooking 14 26-06-2009 02:14 AM
Fish Tacos Snowfeet1 General Cooking 7 04-11-2004 08:41 AM