Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Vale Art Stratemeyer

Sad to hear that Art Stratemeyer passed away 8 April 2008.

Art's wife Betsy informs me that as a result the wonderful wine-related site
Stratsplace.com will go offline 31 August 2008.

Art was kind enough to publish my articles at Stratsplace and though we
never met he seemed like an all round good guy.

He and Stratsplace will be sorely missed.

Martin

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 29, 7:55�pm, "Martin Field" > wrote:
> Sad to hear that Art Stratemeyer passed away 8 April 2008.
>
> Art's wife Betsy informs me that as a result the wonderful wine-related site
> Stratsplace.com will go offline 31 August 2008.
>
> Art was kind enough to publish my articles at Stratsplace and though we
> never met he seemed like an all round good guy.
>
> He and Stratsplace will be sorely missed.
>
> Martin

Very sorry to hear that. Haven't visited Stratsplace in years, but Art
posted a few times here. My sympathies to his family.
Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW wrote:
> On Jun 29, 7:55�pm, "Martin Field" > wrote:
>> Sad to hear that Art Stratemeyer passed away 8 April 2008.
>>
>> Art's wife Betsy informs me that as a result the wonderful wine-related site
>> Stratsplace.com will go offline 31 August 2008.
>>
>> Art was kind enough to publish my articles at Stratsplace and though we
>> never met he seemed like an all round good guy.
>>
>> He and Stratsplace will be sorely missed.
>>
>> Martin

> Very sorry to hear that. Haven't visited Stratsplace in years, but Art
> posted a few times here. My sympathies to his family.

My condolences as well. Art was a gentleman on afw. I've sent many
people to look at the cellar part of stratsplace over the years.

-E
Posted to alt.food.wine

As I recall, Art said he was a yum/yuck wine taster - which is
something I can relate to. My wife can detect the subtle nuances
in a wine. I can't, but I've refined my yum/yuck scale into 4
categories: Yum, Yum!, Yum!! and Yuck!!!.
Sad to hear about Art's passing.
Dick R.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Very sad news indeed. I first encountered Art when I was doing
software reviews for Ziff-Davis software library and I reviewed
Cellar! software. Thought it was great and contacted Art to compliment
him on the effort as well as to point him toward the published review.
Over the years I had occasion to correspond with him several times and
always found him to be helpful and informative. It made it easy to put
in a good word at any opportunity on both Stratsplace and Cellar!

I'll raise a glass this evening to him.

Posted to alt.food.wine

Martin Field wrote:
> Sad to hear that Art Stratemeyer passed away 8 April 2008.
>
> Art's wife Betsy informs me that as a result the wonderful wine-related site
> Stratsplace.com will go offline 31 August 2008.
>
> Art was kind enough to publish my articles at Stratsplace and though we
> never met he seemed like an all round good guy.
>
> He and Stratsplace will be sorely missed.

That's very sad news, Martin, both about Art and his great website. In
my limited contact with him, I always found him to be a gentleman, and
his efforts toward wine education on his website were substantial.

Mark Lipton

Vale the Dyna Soar Sky Rider General Cooking 1 17-09-2011 07:34 AM
Two recent tastings: 04 du Tertre and 05 Eden Vale pinot Ewan Wine 5 16-03-2009 06:51 PM
Vale Bailey Carrodus Martin Field Wine 3 26-09-2008 05:20 PM
Frozen propane tank vale RegForte Barbecue 20 09-08-2008 11:35 PM
TN: Mitolo Savitar McLaren Vale Shiraz 2001 Andrew Goldfinch Wine 0 02-03-2005 06:23 AM