Andrew Goldfinch

Default TN: Mitolo Savitar McLaren Vale Shiraz 2001

I was pretty impressed when I had this wine on my trip to McLaren Vale
last year and when the wine society was running stocks out at the
Bourke St Cellars for $48 (from memory it was around $70) I grabbed
half a dozen.

This is an outstanding wine. Very dark purple crimsony colour. Smoky
toasted nose, with plum, rich ripe blackberry and some licorice.
Excellent mouth feel with blackberry, pepper, plum and some vanilla
oak flavours. Fine but firm tannins followed by an very very long
aftertaste of peppery spice and black fruit.

Cheers Andrew

Vale the Dyna Soar Sky Rider General Cooking 1 17-09-2011 07:34 AM
Vale Art Stratemeyer Martin Field Wine 5 06-07-2008 04:01 AM
TN Thomas Hyland Shiraz 2001 Ian Hayward Wine 1 11-04-2004 11:30 PM
TN:2001 Ironstone Shiraz Sean E. Slindee Wine 0 01-11-2003 05:50 AM
TN: Lindemans Reserve Shiraz 2001 Jeffrey Wine 2 06-10-2003 03:03 AM