Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Recommendations - Hamburg & Vienna

Hi! I am going to Germany in December, most of the time will be in
Hamburg, in the Eppendorf neighborhood, and was wondering if anyone had any
recommendations for wine shops/restaurants

Also, a week in Vienna (including New Years!), but I don't know the locale,
as we will be at the flat of a friend...

TIA!
d.
--
As a public service, the link to the alt.food.wine FAQ:
http://winefaq.hostexcellence.com/
Posted to alt.food.wine

enoavidh > wrote:

> Hi! I am going to Germany in December, most of the time will be in
> Hamburg, in the Eppendorf neighborhood, and was wondering if anyone had any
> recommendations for wine shops/restaurants
>
> Also, a week in Vienna (including New Years!), but I don't know the locale,
> as we will be at the flat of a friend...
>
> TIA!
> d.

I had a very nice tasting menu dinner at Vincent in Vienna a couple of
years ago. <http://www.restaurant-vincent.at/index_en.html>

A top restaurant in Vienna is Meinl am Graben
<http://www.meinlamgraben.at/meinl.aspx?target=106763>

I also enjoy the various Wein & Co. winebars with attached shop in
Vienna. They give you 10% of your winebar bill as a discount in the
shop. Lots of wine by the glass and a nice selection of lighter foods.
<http://www.weinundco.at/>

Your best tips about Vienna will come from the group's resident expert,
Michael Pronay.

Can't help with dining in Hamburg - I was only ever there once to see a
really amazing model railroad exhibit:
<http://www.miniatur-wunderland.com/>

I envy you your trip to Vienna. Probably my favorite city after Berlin!

Dave
--
There's a fine line between stupid and clever.
Posted to alt.food.wine

In Hamburg drink Beer.

In Vienna drink Groener Vetliner.
Never had a bad one